2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
more costly to drive than you may think
By Greg on 03/20/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Though it would be better on fuel and save me some money, as it turns out I have been putting more repair money in it than fuel money. rear hatch wiper motor first then the ignition switch, followed by a computer,2 fuel injectors, wheel bearings, brake caliper, upper and lower ball joints, and the sun roof leaks (still). The check engine light has been on now again for 2 and a half months but I am afraid to take it in. even if it is the filters the dealer replaces every time it is more money than I want to spend on this lemon that now has 46000 miles, and about $5800 in repairs in the last 3 years

angry and bitter
By angry and bitter on 09/04/07 21:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Used '03 Blazer has one issue after another since purchase over a year ago. I had to replace a ball joint, ignition switch,and now the mass air flow sensor after being tested for hesitation when accelerating. This does not include many minor repairs. These are just the most costly. I understand wear and tear, but this is ridiculous. Problems that just baffle me are the passenger seat belt doesn't clip every time you have to push in button. That to me is a major red flag for safety. The driver's seat won't tilt forward anymore. After about three months the cd player quit working. I was told by GM that it will be cheaper to replace. I think it will be cheaper to replace the car than parts!

Getting Disgusted
By Christine on 06/23/07 15:29 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Blazer new. I liked the 4x4 look to it, and wanted another SUV. I have had to warranty replace the CD player. Also warranty work on stabilizer bar. My exhaust also kept running after I shut vehicle off. Dealer finally fixed. Water leakage in rear side windows, repaired once, just started leaking again now in"07. Water runs all across header and drips all over inside rear. Oil cooler lines also were leaking, water pump too, and ball joints. Luckily this was all repaired under warranty. The carpet wore through just after one year by the gas pedal. I have driven two Jeep Cherokee Sports before this purchase, never had any problems. Will probably not buy another Chevy SUV.

Mine is a lemon
By Santha on 03/28/05 12:22 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Chevrolet Blazer in July of 2003. My exhaust pops when it cools down, every single time you turn the car off. There is no "fix" for this problem. I am dealing with GM and the better business bureau. I am totally unhappy with GM and my Blazer. I have had the radio replaced. Terrible for blind spots.

Beautiful!!!
By Dave245 on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new blazer I couldnt ask for more!

Early Disappointment
By WaveSailR on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I picked up the truck and drove 1300 miles to DC. The truck drove very nicely on the highway and had no problems accelerating at any time. The drivers side headlight was way out of alignment (pointing at the sky) and a spare bolt was found near the front windshield wiper. Twice during the drive, when the vehicle was placed into reverse,the whole truck felt like it backed into something. I think it's a transmission problem, but it's pretty major. An issue I am waiting to take to the dealer for service. The truck drives and handles very well. Pleasure to drive. Just a little hungry for fuel but way better than my old 1994 blazer. same engine