2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Bought it with 1Mile on it back in 2003
By indiabradster on 08/12/13 10:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I take care of my cars. I can say this one has taken care of me. Comfy ride, in the 10 years that I've owned it, minus the normal wear and tear items I've replaced the fuel injection spider ($1000 repair). I needed to replace all the ball joints for inspection, which I did myself this weekend. Add up all the repairs at normal garage costs, $3000 in 10 years. That's great.

She's a truck
By blazercanuck on 03/07/13 15:05 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Blazer zr2 at 120,000 kms (about 72,000 miles)about 1 1/2 years ago but I got a killer deal on it Only $4,500 but this price reflected the work it needed. Needed new tires rear brakes were seized new calipers, rotors and pads and needed an o2 sensor. In the past year and a half I have changed the lower ball joints both rear drive shaft u-joints front drive shaft (it has a C.V. style joint that's $500 new, picked a used one up for $100) and the idler arm (keep in mind i do a fair amount of off-roading/light rock crawling) This truck is TOUGH! nose dived HARD into a ditch and still drives straight as an arrow no damag Tailgate squeak? oil hinges. spare rattles? adjust latch

Last time with GM - 2003 Chevy Blazer
By randyxgm on 12/07/11 11:42 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased GM vehicles for the past 20+ years. My last new purchase was a 2003 Blazer the vehicle has been a lemon from day 1. I have always taken care of my vehicles and done the recommended maintenance. Here's a list of some of the problems I've had with this car: Trans line leaks @3000 miles, car shuts off for no reason @ less than 20,000 miles, power windows work intermittently, small side rear window leaks during rain, making seatbelts wet, fuel gauge problems, wipers don't park, wheel bearings needing replacing @ 40,000miles, rear brakes seized up, U-joints needed replacing @ 70,000 miles, Rear differential seal blew-out @ 100,000 miles, Trans died @ 150,000 miles. GM sucks!

Love my ZR2!
By dufmoney on 10/25/11 20:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have put over 100,000 KMs on my 2003 Blazer ZR2 (current odometer reads 206,000 KMs) and the only thing other than maintenance I have ever had to do was the head gasket. This is is a fault on a lot of Chevy/GM vehicles from these years. She is so reliable though! Other than the tailgate squeak, which I am in the process of fixing, I have no complaints with this fast accelerating, smooth off-road driving, snow loving vehicle! If you want fuel economy, buy a Prius (lame). If you want a vehicle that is extremely reliable and comfortable, than buy a Blazer.

I love my 2003 blazer
By mountainchick on 08/20/09 17:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Wow I was really shocked at some of the comments I've seen on here. First off I really believe that the way a truck works depends on how you drive it and maintain it! I am not saying that the people aren't taking care of it but the owners beforehand didn't. As for the worst gas milage I did agree untill I changed my fuel pump omg It saved me a lot of money and I didn't even change it because it was broke! If you drive like an idiot and go 55mph from stop sign to stop sign you will waste so much gas in anything. I go out the mountain every weekend and I have and always will buy Chevy's! The one and only thing I hate is changing the spark plugs because it is soooo tight in there!

OK...But Could Be Better!
By dne_thompson on 07/26/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Chevy Blazer in June 2006, making me the 2nd owner. It had 32,000 miles and was just under warranty! By the time the warranty was up, about 2 months, the ball joints needed replaced as well as brakes and rotors. Had all work done under warranty! About every 15-20,000 miles, it has to have the ball joints replaced for some reason. I now have 86,000 miles on it and it is due for ball joints again. Also, my air conditioner quit working as well as my driver's side window. THESE ARE VERY EXPENSIVE REPAIRS! Also, have to do brakes and rotors about once a year. It is a good vehicle to drive though, especially with the sun-roof open and the cd player going. Great in snow!

Very Satisfied
By Very Satisfied on 09/15/08 20:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this SUV used in 2005 for hauling building materials. It was the only SUV with a rear gate that folded down to extend the bed for loading lumber. We love the rear gate & having 4 doors. It is so convenient! We get at least 20 mpg & the only problem was a wiper that came loose & needed to be tightened. We change the oil every 3000 mi and the vehicle has given us no problems. I had to write after reading other unfavorable comments. The vehicle has been so good that I wanted readers to have a balanced view.

Tough look
By Dug on 04/17/08 19:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this ZR2 4X4 used (3600mi) because it appeared to be set up to handle back country (skid plates, big tires, upgraded shocks, etc) and offered more room and comfort than CJ style Jeep. Mine is yellow like the picture and has most options. Have had no problems (except a little oil drip) now at 24000mi. Just figured out it has grease fittings on stearing linkage! It is not as tight as my 98 Ford F150. Has performed well in rough conditions. Gas milage never over 20mpg. Tire on back contributes to already dangerous rear vision limits. Back seat entry difficult. Filling gas tank to top needs slow pump speed. Overall I like this vehicle for the Rocky Mountain area where I live.

This SUV is OK
By kyle2004 on 04/16/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car 8 months ago, and I am already looking to trade it in. It was a fun car at the beginning, but with 14 mpg and 16-18 on the highway, it is not worth it. Also, my 2003 looks exactly like every other Blazer model. Not complaining, but I would have liked some exterior updates to show some kind of evolution. I will hopefully be able to get some money out of it to trade it in.

more costly to drive than you may think
By Greg on 03/20/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Though it would be better on fuel and save me some money, as it turns out I have been putting more repair money in it than fuel money. rear hatch wiper motor first then the ignition switch, followed by a computer,2 fuel injectors, wheel bearings, brake caliper, upper and lower ball joints, and the sun roof leaks (still). The check engine light has been on now again for 2 and a half months but I am afraid to take it in. even if it is the filters the dealer replaces every time it is more money than I want to spend on this lemon that now has 46000 miles, and about $5800 in repairs in the last 3 years