Used 2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

more costly to drive than you may think
By Greg

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Though it would be better on fuel and save me some money, as it turns out I have been putting more repair money in it than fuel money. rear hatch wiper motor first then the ignition switch, followed by a computer,2 fuel injectors, wheel bearings, brake caliper, upper and lower ball joints, and the sun roof leaks (still). The check engine light has been on now again for 2 and a half months but I am afraid to take it in. even if it is the filters the dealer replaces every time it is more money than I want to spend on this lemon that now has 46000 miles, and about $5800 in repairs in the last 3 years

Perhaps quality parts would help out, it was 600 miles out of warranty when the wiper motor quit.

angry and bitter
By angry and bitter

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Used '03 Blazer has one issue after another since purchase over a year ago. I had to replace a ball joint, ignition switch,and now the mass air flow sensor after being tested for hesitation when accelerating. This does not include many minor repairs. These are just the most costly. I understand wear and tear, but this is ridiculous. Problems that just baffle me are the passenger seat belt doesn't clip every time you have to push in button. That to me is a major red flag for safety. The driver's seat won't tilt forward anymore. After about three months the cd player quit working. I was told by GM that it will be cheaper to replace. I think it will be cheaper to replace the car than parts!

Best feature is the $350.00 cd/mp3 player I HAD PUT in after factory cd/stereo quit working. Getting rid of the blazer will be the best feature and peace of mind for my family I will ever have.

Quit selling the blazer to the public. GM's new meaning, meets GENERIC MINIMAL requirements. Sales are more important than consumer happiness and safety to GM. It's an embarrassment for GM to put this vehicle on the market without a warning label for poor quality and workmanship.

Getting Disgusted
By Christine

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Blazer new. I liked the 4x4 look to it, and wanted another SUV. I have had to warranty replace the CD player. Also warranty work on stabilizer bar. My exhaust also kept running after I shut vehicle off. Dealer finally fixed. Water leakage in rear side windows, repaired once, just started leaking again now in"07. Water runs all across header and drips all over inside rear. Oil cooler lines also were leaking, water pump too, and ball joints. Luckily this was all repaired under warranty. The carpet wore through just after one year by the gas pedal. I have driven two Jeep Cherokee Sports before this purchase, never had any problems. Will probably not buy another Chevy SUV.

Like the look of vehicle. Not quite enough horsepower, but I knew that buying a 6 cylinder, and the weight of vehicle. I wish I had a four door model. Backseat is hard to get into, but roomy enough once you get back there. Like the 6 CD changer. Like the big tires.

Seal the windows better. I now am afraid the windows will just pop out as I'm driving down the road-based on how much water leaks in. Cheap carpet. All the warranty work and inconvenience I have been through waiting for repair work on this vehicle. I can see why GM is loosing out to the imports.

Mine is a lemon
By Santha

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Chevrolet Blazer in July of 2003. My exhaust pops when it cools down, every single time you turn the car off. There is no "fix" for this problem. I am dealing with GM and the better business bureau. I am totally unhappy with GM and my Blazer. I have had the radio replaced. Terrible for blind spots.

Great sound system. Nice drive on the road.

Back up your product!! Find a "fix" for your problems. Keep your existing customers satisfied, especially when truck and SUV sales are low.

Beautiful!!!
By Dave245

2003 Chevrolet Blazer LS Rwd 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love my new blazer I couldnt ask for more!