2002 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Chevy Blazer
By sb102 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is wonderful. I managed to get 68000 miles on the original brakes. It is very comfortable for long drives and is great in the snow.

Great Car
By Chevy Lover on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

an absolutely great suv, i had a '92 ford explorer and this is a little bit better, love the 4wd though i havent gotten a chance to use it yet. i suggest this car to anyone that wants a smaller SUV then normal, it is great in the rain and is a safe car.

Last Chevy or GM I'll ever own
By fedupwithchevy on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Worst vehicle I've ever owned. Back to dealer 6 times for left rear door latch rattle. Told me they couldn't find it. Latches replaced finally, door still rattles and is pulled out of position, not lining up in frame. Window trim fell off in my hand on day one. Driver's seat squeeks. More rattles and squeeks than the 14 year old car I replaced. Chevy Email Customer Service says that district managers won't call customers, they'll only work with dealers. Can't wait to get rid of this car.

The xtreme makes em wet!!!
By Jdogxtreme on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

As soon as I step into my xtreme, I feel about 3 times more cool.... The ride is smooth and quiet and I notice others watch me go by in envy.

driving the h*ll out of it
By chevy lover on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

31500 and counting. most miles on highway. havent had a single problem with the exception of one. change my own oil got a free change from dealer the first time. the mechanic must have been king kong. took it back and the dealer loosened the drain plug. no sqeaks, rattles,etc. same motor as was in my 90 s10. should be good for over 200k and i never changed the oil in it after 150k (dumb move). very good vehicle if you get it from the right plant and its not built on a monday or friday!

Good
By James Davis on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I beleive that this car is a really nice suv for a teenager or doing things other than towing, needs a larger engine ro more horsepower and torque

Piece of junk
By stateofcrisis on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I had purchased my Blazer ZR2 in March of 2002. I have had nothing but problems since. I have a slipping transmission, poor gas mileage 7-10 MPG doesn't matter city or highway. I most recently an electrical problem that can't seem to be found. I've brought the blazer back to the dealership and they tell me there is nothing they can do if no codes are coming up. What happened to the good ol' mechanic? I would never buy another chevrolet again after the problems that I have experienced with GM and their products.

Satisfied
By Satisfied Blazer Fan on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Blazer has 20K miles on it and haven't had a moments trouble. It has never been back to the dealership for anything. Fit and function are better than the big three average. Paint job quality is excellext. I have driven 4 different Blazers in the last eight years and plan to continue this buying trend.

Never Again
By Jay88 on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Blazer has been nothing but a nightmare, with items wearing prematurly from the start. Electrical problems that can never get fixed, and generally unreliable. I'm dumping it soon and getting out of GM for some time.

Buyer Beware
By Dave30327 on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Please spare yourself the headache by not buying this piece of junk. Mine was in the shop six times in six months and the last couple of times was because they had to replace the gas tank because it was cracked. The dealer and Chevrolet could not have been more disinterested in my problems. I asked both what if this happened and the car blew up, they said did not deal in What ifs! It was so bad that I traded and lost a bundle just six months after I purchased it because I was so scared of it.