Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

I love my Blazer!
By Dave

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Maybe I got a good one? I've had my Blazer for a little over two years and haven't had it in the shop for anything major other than the horn likes to honk for no reason in the winter time when I turn the wheel. The rear window used to rattle when going over small bumps, but I was able to fix it. This has been a really great vehicle despite these negative reviews. I do regular maintenance, and really test it to its limits. I've added a lot to it like a hitch reciever, and skid plates, and a grill guard. All in all a great vehicle. Maybe I got lucky and got one that doesn't have any problems. Everywhere we drive, we always take the Blazer even though it has the worst gas mileage.

Favorite Features

4WD! Power, looks nics, drives nice.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage by far. The horn problem. Not much to improve since it's discontinued..

ZR2 package is the way to go
By Andrew M

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my second, and I have not had any major problems with it, only minor. Rust on rear rotor caused weird noise, along with washer on driver door causing water to leak. Plastics are cheap inside the car and come apart/ blemish easily. The ride is excellent and it handles better than a truck should. It is a monster through the snow and the clearance is tall enough for anything. I would recommend this car for anyone who has to deal with off-road use as a common thing. Amazing off road and bad weather car, but because of small gear ratio, not that great of a highway car.

Favorite Features

Low end torque is great for uphill. Great handling, wider stance. ZR2 looks better than basic Blazer. Factory 2in lift. Rear cubby hatches to store odds and ends.

Suggested Improvements

Make aftermarket accessories for it. Lower spare tire to actually see out of rear window. Make it easier to get into back seat. Lift kits need to be less expensive

2002 2-DR Blazer
By KH1693

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Would not recommend this vehicle for purchase. It looks pretty good, inside and out, has plenty of room, but definitely not a safe vehicle. Also, several little electrical quirks, like radio stations changing on their own and guages sometimes erratic. Doesn't hold value. Overall, not a good purchase.

Favorite Features

Plenty of room and kind of sporty for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Just needs better quality overall. Not heavy enough, too easy to flip (I know because I've done it and I wasn't speeding either!)

Never Again!
By Unhappy

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has been a money pit! Front end is horrible and the electrical system has problems. Hard to start when it has been sitting a while. With gas at nearly $3/gal this is not a good vehicle to drive.

Favorite Features

Have plenty of power, but at a big price.

Suggested Improvements

A lot higher quality and fuel economy.

Okay, but have had a few minor problems
By My Extreme

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall my extreme has been a decent purchase. I've had problems with the right rear window leaking. After taking it in 4 to 5 times I think it's finally fixed. By the way it wasn't a little leak either. The water stood in the right rear cargo area. Mechanically I have had no problems. Power sunroof has been sound and no leaks. As opposed to the other extreme review my tires lasted until about 45,000 miles. Gas mileage mainly running interstate/highway has been 17/18. Although the reported highway is around 20 or 22. Rear window molding deteriorating. Can't stand the look of it. I have found the seats to be very comfortable. I love the way my extreme handles.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seasts, power sunroof, lots of cargo area with seats folding down. Handling and looks. V6 is sound and so far no problems.

Suggested Improvements

More off the line power. Better gas mileage. Rear window molding deteriorates and looks terrible. Hard to cover up and fix even with black magic stuff. That would be my biggest complaint. It seems to be a problem with Blazers.