2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
What I never knew!
By Michael O on 01/26/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Here I am in the 40's ownering the best of the best, meaning I've always believed foreign cars were the best no matter what it was. So after the last foreign vehicle I experience (Isuzu) with breaking down and losing time from work, finally decided to buy American! And let me tell you what a different, the ride the performance the look the feeling and very proud of owning an american builded suv s-10 blazer 4wd zr2. Going on 3.5 years strong and recommend it to anyone who's planning on buying a car or truck!

Great Smaller SUV
By Jeff Hawley on 12/14/05 19:50 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive...Very precise steering, good acceleration. Much easier to maneuver than one might expect. Interior is comfortable and spacious, with the possible exception of the rear seat area, which is somewhat similar to that of a compact car. I'm really enjoying my Blazer and would gladly recommend it to anyone.

Buyers Beware - Poor Quality, lost value
By Paratrooperwife on 12/12/05 22:16 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first and LAST Chevy purchase. I paid $21K and three years later I can't even get $7K, when comparable vehicles are going for $14K. First week I had it the vehicle leaked. A bad leak. I should have known then. Since then it's been one thing after another, sure warranty covered them for a while. Then my extended warranty kicked in, but the $100 deductable has cost me over $400 this year alone. Leaks, serpentine belts (3 in 3 years), passenger and driver window motors, windshield wiper gadgets gone bad, and more. Poor design, extremely mind-bending trade in values so low that I cannot believe it. The 2-door allows poor access to back, and the big fat spare tire is hard to see around

Overall.. I'd buy another..
By Joe on 12/01/05 15:17 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I can't say that I've had any problems with my Blazer. With 60,000+ miles, the only thing I've had to replace are the brakes and tires this winter. It's not got the best pickup on cold winter days, but I'm thinking that's pretty common on many vehicles. Gas mileage is alright, doing excellent on highway travel.

A sandlewood color lemon
By Tj80 on 10/09/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Car rattles constantly, window trim is now loose, interior quality is very poor major gaps in plastic trim. Fold down seats no longer work after being worked on 3 times. Also transmission is slipping at high speeds, as well as the front bearings had to be replaced because either they wore away or were never put in in the first place. Also car is rusting from the inside out. Save your money. Buy something better than a GM piece of junk.

My Chevy Blazer
By Kathaleen on 06/14/05 20:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had problems within one year of ownership - ball joints had to be replaced - it failed inspection. Then I have had endless problems with the four wheel drive - somedays it works only in four low. Now, I am told that the axle is going. The windows also leak in the front. I will only say that my Blazer is a lemon.

Usual GM Quality
By Joe on 05/13/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This Xtreme has been in the family since it was first purchased. I bought it from my father after 2 years and I've driven it for another 2 years and just hit 36,000 miles. On the outside it is a very clean, solid looking SUV, and the inside is well crafted. GM has a powerful and exciting engine in this small SUV which is a great fun factor, and stock lowering is a great improvement on handling. Now for the bad news. Tires wore out at 20k miles, everything rattles, and it's been sent to the dealer 6 times since I've had it. A fun vehicle to drive, but at 36k miles I think it's trying to fall apart. If you feel lucky, go for it, but be careful.

Mostly like to drive
By ed on 04/19/05 16:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, the car is good, but I have had to bring it back for repairs for the check engine light, side moldings faded, and the rubber on both front doors came off. The one major problem I am having is a noise from around the muffler like a tin can popping. This noise happens all the time. The dealer says this is normal! It started in October, two months after purchase. It is now April and I'm fed up! I am bringing it in again, but not taking no for a answer. I have showed this to mechanics and they said it is not normal, The muffler seems to be bent . This has to be the problem. There's still warranty on the car, but sometimes the dealers do not seem to like to look for the problem.

What a Lemon!
By Tommy on 12/27/04 23:15 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This 2002 Chevrolet Blazer is my second Chevrolet vehicle, and the LAST Chevrolet i will ever buy. I had many problems with my 1st Chevrolet (a 2000 Camaro) and even more with the Blazer. Tons of electrical problems, headlights continue shorting out, door locks, power mirrors, and power windows short out. Windows squeak and rattle when going up and down. Windshield wiper module has shorted out three times, Transmission is slipping at 58000 miles, and dealer can never figure out the problem, so the electronics keep shorting out. I hope people considering purchasing a Chevrolet read this and buy something else.

good but good be better
By pwcbill on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

gas gauge needs adjusting,still have about 6 gals left when it reads empty.rattles but only when a/c is on.over all good vehicle.60,000+ on mine.