Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Reliable Truck
By Liz

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a reliable nice looking truck. I am a single mom and have felt very safe taking my son on long road trips in this vechile. Enough room for packing and shopping too. Great in snow.

bought a money pit on wheels
By david christian

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Just got my 02 Blazer out of the shop today for its semi annual $700-800 breakdown. Gas mileage is terrible, ride is loud and uncomfortable. Too many odd noises everywhere, just waiting for the next but now very expected $800 shop visit. Waiting to dump it when I can afford another car payment. Then again, soon fixing it might be more expensive than any car payment and I wont have to go without a car while its being repaired, huge inconvenience. Next will be Toyota for sure.

Favorite Features

quick acceleration, when its not broke down. dark tint windows, so no one can see the sucker who actually paid for this suv!

Suggested Improvements

bumper to bumper, everything in between would be a great start.

Solid Truck
By robnrachel

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful truck great to drive my truck has the heavy duty tow package so no front end problems 4x4 works amazing very capable truck. very comfortable to drive and lots of power. Would recommend to anyone wanting a capable SUV.

Favorite Features

cargo space, nice ride, comfortable, capable on and off road, reliable, and excellent tow capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, suspension system but if you crank torsion bars it tightens up a lot.

Not so bad after all
By Chappy

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Was told not to purchase this vehicle, but did so anyway. I live in a snowy cold climate so this SUV has been great so far. 4WD didn't work the week after I bought it, but was inexpensive to repair, only needed a $70 actuator cable. Also the engine light came on. The garage said it was the coolant thermostat, even though it didn't appear I needed one. Changed it for the $13 it cost just to get the engine light off. In cold climate this this truck runs better with synthetic oil and really good plugs and wires. A bit of rattle here and there in the interior, seat reclining handle is stripped, usual and inexpensive problems/annoyances. Overall this is a great and fun SUV to own!

Favorite Features

4WD, folding seats good for storage and sleeping/short camping trips. Auxilary plugs are nice to have. Small things like the rotating reading lights, storage, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Less rattle in the interior/insulated panels. Less plastic in the console.

Love ittttt!
By chevyygirrl

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My dad bought me my blazer a few months ago. i LOVE it. it has plenty of room. plenty of power for me. 4x4 works great, just had it down on the beach yesterday. it is the perfect vehicle for me right now. the only thing i hate about it is the gas mileage. it seems like im getting about 7 miles to a gallon..and that's for stop and go, well sorta. i live in the country so there's like 2 stop lights i go through, and most of it's just straight driving. i can make it about 30-35 on a quarter of a tank.

Favorite Features

4x4 i love! my sunroof. it's comfy and roomy.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage!!!!!