Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Don't dog my Blazer
By OPIE

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third S-10 vehicle and the best yet. Great looks, reliable engine, good ride, beautiful interior, very functional, and easy to work on yourself. Bose stereo sounds awesome. I would much rather have a late model Blazer than a Trailblazer. Fuel efficiency could be better but I did buy a truck...not a car. What do you expect. Overall I have no complaints from this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Interior, easy 4WD, fold down rear seats, Bose radio.

Suggested Improvements

Radio with auxillary input for I-pod, satelite radio, etc.

Rear still hurts
By chevro-neveragain

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bad purchase! Car looked great with a 3 year warranty, and nice black paint job. It has been a money pit ever since that first day. I've had everything replaced ranging from rear wiper pump, to the drivers side door motor, u-joint, both front wheel hubs. The rear trim panel, is fried up. The drivers side seat doesn't work right, rear seat doesn't fold down, handle broke. Water from front windshield leak sitting under passenger side carpet. Loose steering. The car honestly feels like it is going to fall apart when I drive it. Although, it's really realible.....for the mechanic.

Favorite Features

Wheel size and style, not the pitting though.

Suggested Improvements

Use better parts and offer longer warranty.

Good truck so far....only 36k on her
By 8MYCASH

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good purchase, not many around where I live. Spent over 10g on audio and rims. Got my first place trophy, now its time for speed. Also bought extended warranty to last untill payments are finished. Couple of gripes on the beast. Windshield wipers stripped after 10k, side plastic molding on rear windows stink. Got them fixed twice and the mirror switch works when eva. But all in all, one of the best vehicles I've owned. Had one of each American made "vehicles"

Favorite Features

Sleek look. All around blackout covers do the trick, quick. Not many people drive these masterpieces especially seeing that it was targeted to the younger crowd

Suggested Improvements

More power to the rear. Maybe 410 gears? Available supercharger. I will improve it myself

Not so bad after all
By Chappy

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Was told not to purchase this vehicle, but did so anyway. I live in a snowy cold climate so this SUV has been great so far. 4WD didn't work the week after I bought it, but was inexpensive to repair, only needed a $70 actuator cable. Also the engine light came on. The garage said it was the coolant thermostat, even though it didn't appear I needed one. Changed it for the $13 it cost just to get the engine light off. In cold climate this this truck runs better with synthetic oil and really good plugs and wires. A bit of rattle here and there in the interior, seat reclining handle is stripped, usual and inexpensive problems/annoyances. Overall this is a great and fun SUV to own!

Favorite Features

4WD, folding seats good for storage and sleeping/short camping trips. Auxilary plugs are nice to have. Small things like the rotating reading lights, storage, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Less rattle in the interior/insulated panels. Less plastic in the console.

Reliable Truck
By Liz

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a reliable nice looking truck. I am a single mom and have felt very safe taking my son on long road trips in this vechile. Enough room for packing and shopping too. Great in snow.