2002 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Don't dog my Blazer
By OPIE on 10/01/07 11:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third S-10 vehicle and the best yet. Great looks, reliable engine, good ride, beautiful interior, very functional, and easy to work on yourself. Bose stereo sounds awesome. I would much rather have a late model Blazer than a Trailblazer. Fuel efficiency could be better but I did buy a truck...not a car. What do you expect. Overall I have no complaints from this vehicle.

Rear still hurts
By chevro-neveragain on 05/24/07 23:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bad purchase! Car looked great with a 3 year warranty, and nice black paint job. It has been a money pit ever since that first day. I've had everything replaced ranging from rear wiper pump, to the drivers side door motor, u-joint, both front wheel hubs. The rear trim panel, is fried up. The drivers side seat doesn't work right, rear seat doesn't fold down, handle broke. Water from front windshield leak sitting under passenger side carpet. Loose steering. The car honestly feels like it is going to fall apart when I drive it. Although, it's really realible.....for the mechanic.

Good truck so far....only 36k on her
By 8MYCASH on 02/04/07 04:31 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good purchase, not many around where I live. Spent over 10g on audio and rims. Got my first place trophy, now its time for speed. Also bought extended warranty to last untill payments are finished. Couple of gripes on the beast. Windshield wipers stripped after 10k, side plastic molding on rear windows stink. Got them fixed twice and the mirror switch works when eva. But all in all, one of the best vehicles I've owned. Had one of each American made "vehicles"

Not so bad after all
By Chappy on 01/11/07 18:50 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Was told not to purchase this vehicle, but did so anyway. I live in a snowy cold climate so this SUV has been great so far. 4WD didn't work the week after I bought it, but was inexpensive to repair, only needed a $70 actuator cable. Also the engine light came on. The garage said it was the coolant thermostat, even though it didn't appear I needed one. Changed it for the $13 it cost just to get the engine light off. In cold climate this this truck runs better with synthetic oil and really good plugs and wires. A bit of rattle here and there in the interior, seat reclining handle is stripped, usual and inexpensive problems/annoyances. Overall this is a great and fun SUV to own!

Reliable Truck
By Liz on 10/04/06 05:58 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a reliable nice looking truck. I am a single mom and have felt very safe taking my son on long road trips in this vechile. Enough room for packing and shopping too. Great in snow.

I love my Blazer!
By Dave on 09/25/06 16:37 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Maybe I got a good one? I've had my Blazer for a little over two years and haven't had it in the shop for anything major other than the horn likes to honk for no reason in the winter time when I turn the wheel. The rear window used to rattle when going over small bumps, but I was able to fix it. This has been a really great vehicle despite these negative reviews. I do regular maintenance, and really test it to its limits. I've added a lot to it like a hitch reciever, and skid plates, and a grill guard. All in all a great vehicle. Maybe I got lucky and got one that doesn't have any problems. Everywhere we drive, we always take the Blazer even though it has the worst gas mileage.

ZR2 package is the way to go
By Andrew M on 09/04/06 19:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car as my second, and I have not had any major problems with it, only minor. Rust on rear rotor caused weird noise, along with washer on driver door causing water to leak. Plastics are cheap inside the car and come apart/ blemish easily. The ride is excellent and it handles better than a truck should. It is a monster through the snow and the clearance is tall enough for anything. I would recommend this car for anyone who has to deal with off-road use as a common thing. Amazing off road and bad weather car, but because of small gear ratio, not that great of a highway car.

2002 2-DR Blazer
By KH1693 on 04/25/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Would not recommend this vehicle for purchase. It looks pretty good, inside and out, has plenty of room, but definitely not a safe vehicle. Also, several little electrical quirks, like radio stations changing on their own and guages sometimes erratic. Doesn't hold value. Overall, not a good purchase.

Never Again!
By Unhappy on 04/06/06 08:49 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has been a money pit! Front end is horrible and the electrical system has problems. Hard to start when it has been sitting a while. With gas at nearly $3/gal this is not a good vehicle to drive.

Okay, but have had a few minor problems
By My Extreme on 02/11/06 08:10 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall my extreme has been a decent purchase. I've had problems with the right rear window leaking. After taking it in 4 to 5 times I think it's finally fixed. By the way it wasn't a little leak either. The water stood in the right rear cargo area. Mechanically I have had no problems. Power sunroof has been sound and no leaks. As opposed to the other extreme review my tires lasted until about 45,000 miles. Gas mileage mainly running interstate/highway has been 17/18. Although the reported highway is around 20 or 22. Rear window molding deteriorating. Can't stand the look of it. I have found the seats to be very comfortable. I love the way my extreme handles.