2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
xTreme performance
By xTreme Texas on 12/29/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this xTreme used and in need of some TLC. It is now in great condition, has been very reliable, and runs like a wild horse. Handling is far better than the LS Blazer I also own, and fuel economy is a rock solid 22MPG on the highway, and about 15MPG around town. This is definitely not the model for all SUV drivers, but more for those who want some spark to go with towing, handling, and looks. The A/C in this vehicle easily handles 100+ temps and the engine cooling system keeps things at 195d. Easy to work on when needed. Changed a bad alternator in less than 15 minutes with no special tools. Parts are cheap and readily available. Wish I could buy a new one.

Got a very good buy
By xtreme on 11/28/09 19:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2002 Blazer Xtreme and I have been very satisfied. This is my first SUV and I know that there are bigger and better ones these days, but for the xtremes purposes it does its job. It has a very stylish look and is very comfortable. It also has a considerable amount of power and I have no problem keeping up with the rest of the traffic. The xtreme is a very hard car to find especially with the lowish miles that I found in this one. If you can get your hands on a decent blazer I would absolutely suggest it.

Rear still hurts
By chevro-neveragain on 05/24/07 23:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bad purchase! Car looked great with a 3 year warranty, and nice black paint job. It has been a money pit ever since that first day. I've had everything replaced ranging from rear wiper pump, to the drivers side door motor, u-joint, both front wheel hubs. The rear trim panel, is fried up. The drivers side seat doesn't work right, rear seat doesn't fold down, handle broke. Water from front windshield leak sitting under passenger side carpet. Loose steering. The car honestly feels like it is going to fall apart when I drive it. Although, it's really realible.....for the mechanic.

Good truck so far....only 36k on her
By 8MYCASH on 02/04/07 04:31 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good purchase, not many around where I live. Spent over 10g on audio and rims. Got my first place trophy, now its time for speed. Also bought extended warranty to last untill payments are finished. Couple of gripes on the beast. Windshield wipers stripped after 10k, side plastic molding on rear windows stink. Got them fixed twice and the mirror switch works when eva. But all in all, one of the best vehicles I've owned. Had one of each American made "vehicles"

Okay, but have had a few minor problems
By My Extreme on 02/11/06 08:10 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall my extreme has been a decent purchase. I've had problems with the right rear window leaking. After taking it in 4 to 5 times I think it's finally fixed. By the way it wasn't a little leak either. The water stood in the right rear cargo area. Mechanically I have had no problems. Power sunroof has been sound and no leaks. As opposed to the other extreme review my tires lasted until about 45,000 miles. Gas mileage mainly running interstate/highway has been 17/18. Although the reported highway is around 20 or 22. Rear window molding deteriorating. Can't stand the look of it. I have found the seats to be very comfortable. I love the way my extreme handles.

Usual GM Quality
By Joe on 05/13/05 14:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This Xtreme has been in the family since it was first purchased. I bought it from my father after 2 years and I've driven it for another 2 years and just hit 36,000 miles. On the outside it is a very clean, solid looking SUV, and the inside is well crafted. GM has a powerful and exciting engine in this small SUV which is a great fun factor, and stock lowering is a great improvement on handling. Now for the bad news. Tires wore out at 20k miles, everything rattles, and it's been sent to the dealer 6 times since I've had it. A fun vehicle to drive, but at 36k miles I think it's trying to fall apart. If you feel lucky, go for it, but be careful.

The xtreme makes em wet!!!
By Jdogxtreme on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

As soon as I step into my xtreme, I feel about 3 times more cool.... The ride is smooth and quiet and I notice others watch me go by in envy.

Good
By James Davis on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I beleive that this car is a really nice suv for a teenager or doing things other than towing, needs a larger engine ro more horsepower and torque

SHARP FUNNNNNN RIDE
By MIKE Brennan on 03/18/02 00:08 AM (PST)

It's just fun to drive