Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

xTreme performance
By xTreme Texas

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this xTreme used and in need of some TLC. It is now in great condition, has been very reliable, and runs like a wild horse. Handling is far better than the LS Blazer I also own, and fuel economy is a rock solid 22MPG on the highway, and about 15MPG around town. This is definitely not the model for all SUV drivers, but more for those who want some spark to go with towing, handling, and looks. The A/C in this vehicle easily handles 100+ temps and the engine cooling system keeps things at 195d. Easy to work on when needed. Changed a bad alternator in less than 15 minutes with no special tools. Parts are cheap and readily available. Wish I could buy a new one.

Performance, handling, and ride

Better interior materials. Chevy never did a major upgrade of the interior on the S series truck/blazer line. Really needed a better interior designer on these trucks.

Got a very good buy
By xtreme

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2002 Blazer Xtreme and I have been very satisfied. This is my first SUV and I know that there are bigger and better ones these days, but for the xtremes purposes it does its job. It has a very stylish look and is very comfortable. It also has a considerable amount of power and I have no problem keeping up with the rest of the traffic. The xtreme is a very hard car to find especially with the lowish miles that I found in this one. If you can get your hands on a decent blazer I would absolutely suggest it.

Style, tinted windows, 6 disc changer, powerful v6.

gas mileage, maybe have an optional v8.

Rear still hurts
By chevro-neveragain

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bad purchase! Car looked great with a 3 year warranty, and nice black paint job. It has been a money pit ever since that first day. I've had everything replaced ranging from rear wiper pump, to the drivers side door motor, u-joint, both front wheel hubs. The rear trim panel, is fried up. The drivers side seat doesn't work right, rear seat doesn't fold down, handle broke. Water from front windshield leak sitting under passenger side carpet. Loose steering. The car honestly feels like it is going to fall apart when I drive it. Although, it's really realible.....for the mechanic.

Wheel size and style, not the pitting though.

Use better parts and offer longer warranty.

Good truck so far....only 36k on her
By 8MYCASH

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Good purchase, not many around where I live. Spent over 10g on audio and rims. Got my first place trophy, now its time for speed. Also bought extended warranty to last untill payments are finished. Couple of gripes on the beast. Windshield wipers stripped after 10k, side plastic molding on rear windows stink. Got them fixed twice and the mirror switch works when eva. But all in all, one of the best vehicles I've owned. Had one of each American made "vehicles"

Sleek look. All around blackout covers do the trick, quick. Not many people drive these masterpieces especially seeing that it was targeted to the younger crowd

More power to the rear. Maybe 410 gears? Available supercharger. I will improve it myself

Okay, but have had a few minor problems
By My Extreme

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Overall my extreme has been a decent purchase. I've had problems with the right rear window leaking. After taking it in 4 to 5 times I think it's finally fixed. By the way it wasn't a little leak either. The water stood in the right rear cargo area. Mechanically I have had no problems. Power sunroof has been sound and no leaks. As opposed to the other extreme review my tires lasted until about 45,000 miles. Gas mileage mainly running interstate/highway has been 17/18. Although the reported highway is around 20 or 22. Rear window molding deteriorating. Can't stand the look of it. I have found the seats to be very comfortable. I love the way my extreme handles.

Comfortable seasts, power sunroof, lots of cargo area with seats folding down. Handling and looks. V6 is sound and so far no problems.

More off the line power. Better gas mileage. Rear window molding deteriorates and looks terrible. Hard to cover up and fix even with black magic stuff. That would be my biggest complaint. It seems to be a problem with Blazers.