Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Squeekiest car around
By Kaylee Burkey

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

A year or two into owning my pre owned blazer, it started making this god awful squeaking noise! Nothing we did fixed it! I took it to a mechanic who said he sees this a lot with Blazers, we asked around and tons of other blazer owners said the same! Now, every time I hear a squeaky car driving down the street, 9 times out of 10, it's another blazer!! There were lots of other annoying issues with the blazer. Buttons breaking, plastic pieces snapping off, sun visor breaking, seats ripping and tearing. It also required lots of maintenance. It's not even that I was very hard on it or anything (at the time I was 20something and used it to get to and from work, but we used my boyfriends car for everything else!)

Love ittttt!
By chevyygirrl

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My dad bought me my blazer a few months ago. i LOVE it. it has plenty of room. plenty of power for me. 4x4 works great, just had it down on the beach yesterday. it is the perfect vehicle for me right now. the only thing i hate about it is the gas mileage. it seems like im getting about 7 miles to a gallon..and that's for stop and go, well sorta. i live in the country so there's like 2 stop lights i go through, and most of it's just straight driving. i can make it about 30-35 on a quarter of a tank.

4x4 i love! my sunroof. it's comfy and roomy.

gas mileage!!!!!

Buyer Beware!!!!
By maxum12

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck if you want to drive in first gear only. One month after buying it used the tranny went out, it only had first gear, and I had to replace the tranny. No warranty, $1500.00 out of pocket. Have experienced rectal bleeding from taking up the poop shoot from mechanics. Dealers happy, Banks happy, Mechanics happy, guess who's not happy???

Design Overhaul

Solid Truck
By robnrachel

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful truck great to drive my truck has the heavy duty tow package so no front end problems 4x4 works amazing very capable truck. very comfortable to drive and lots of power. Would recommend to anyone wanting a capable SUV.

cargo space, nice ride, comfortable, capable on and off road, reliable, and excellent tow capabilities.

gas mileage, suspension system but if you crank torsion bars it tightens up a lot.

very pleased
By ashley

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I see everyone's reviews and they just blow my mind. I must have got lucky. My Blazer I bought at 95,000 miles on it. Now it has almost 200,000. I have had to replace the fuel pump twice but that is my fault. I hate pumping gas and push every car I have owned to its limits on an empty tank. Every car I have owned has had to have that replaced other than that just BASIC ware and. Tear the transmission started slipping at 190,000 put some stop slip in and its pushing 200,000. No problem. I'm sure the end to this cars life will come sooner than later but I have been satisfied with this car. I do agree with gas mileage needing improvement though it is a gas hog but it is a SUV so expected.

gas mileage!