Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Love ittttt!
By chevyygirrl

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My dad bought me my blazer a few months ago. i LOVE it. it has plenty of room. plenty of power for me. 4x4 works great, just had it down on the beach yesterday. it is the perfect vehicle for me right now. the only thing i hate about it is the gas mileage. it seems like im getting about 7 miles to a gallon..and that's for stop and go, well sorta. i live in the country so there's like 2 stop lights i go through, and most of it's just straight driving. i can make it about 30-35 on a quarter of a tank.

Favorite Features

4x4 i love! my sunroof. it's comfy and roomy.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage!!!!!

Buyer Beware!!!!
By maxum12

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck if you want to drive in first gear only. One month after buying it used the tranny went out, it only had first gear, and I had to replace the tranny. No warranty, $1500.00 out of pocket. Have experienced rectal bleeding from taking up the poop shoot from mechanics. Dealers happy, Banks happy, Mechanics happy, guess who's not happy???

Suggested Improvements

Design Overhaul

Solid Truck
By robnrachel

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful truck great to drive my truck has the heavy duty tow package so no front end problems 4x4 works amazing very capable truck. very comfortable to drive and lots of power. Would recommend to anyone wanting a capable SUV.

Favorite Features

cargo space, nice ride, comfortable, capable on and off road, reliable, and excellent tow capabilities.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage, suspension system but if you crank torsion bars it tightens up a lot.

very pleased
By ashley

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I see everyone's reviews and they just blow my mind. I must have got lucky. My Blazer I bought at 95,000 miles on it. Now it has almost 200,000. I have had to replace the fuel pump twice but that is my fault. I hate pumping gas and push every car I have owned to its limits on an empty tank. Every car I have owned has had to have that replaced other than that just BASIC ware and. Tear the transmission started slipping at 190,000 put some stop slip in and its pushing 200,000. No problem. I'm sure the end to this cars life will come sooner than later but I have been satisfied with this car. I do agree with gas mileage needing improvement though it is a gas hog but it is a SUV so expected.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage!

xTreme performance
By xTreme Texas

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this xTreme used and in need of some TLC. It is now in great condition, has been very reliable, and runs like a wild horse. Handling is far better than the LS Blazer I also own, and fuel economy is a rock solid 22MPG on the highway, and about 15MPG around town. This is definitely not the model for all SUV drivers, but more for those who want some spark to go with towing, handling, and looks. The A/C in this vehicle easily handles 100+ temps and the engine cooling system keeps things at 195d. Easy to work on when needed. Changed a bad alternator in less than 15 minutes with no special tools. Parts are cheap and readily available. Wish I could buy a new one.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, and ride

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials. Chevy never did a major upgrade of the interior on the S series truck/blazer line. Really needed a better interior designer on these trucks.