2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Love ittttt!
By chevyygirrl on 07/26/12 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My dad bought me my blazer a few months ago. i LOVE it. it has plenty of room. plenty of power for me. 4x4 works great, just had it down on the beach yesterday. it is the perfect vehicle for me right now. the only thing i hate about it is the gas mileage. it seems like im getting about 7 miles to a gallon..and that's for stop and go, well sorta. i live in the country so there's like 2 stop lights i go through, and most of it's just straight driving. i can make it about 30-35 on a quarter of a tank.

Buyer Beware!!!!
By maxum12 on 03/02/12 22:39 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great Truck if you want to drive in first gear only. One month after buying it used the tranny went out, it only had first gear, and I had to replace the tranny. No warranty, $1500.00 out of pocket. Have experienced rectal bleeding from taking up the poop shoot from mechanics. Dealers happy, Banks happy, Mechanics happy, guess who's not happy???

Solid Truck
By robnrachel on 08/29/10 06:30 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Beautiful truck great to drive my truck has the heavy duty tow package so no front end problems 4x4 works amazing very capable truck. very comfortable to drive and lots of power. Would recommend to anyone wanting a capable SUV.

very pleased
By ashley on 04/13/10 03:41 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I see everyone's reviews and they just blow my mind. I must have got lucky. My Blazer I bought at 95,000 miles on it. Now it has almost 200,000. I have had to replace the fuel pump twice but that is my fault. I hate pumping gas and push every car I have owned to its limits on an empty tank. Every car I have owned has had to have that replaced other than that just BASIC ware and. Tear the transmission started slipping at 190,000 put some stop slip in and its pushing 200,000. No problem. I'm sure the end to this cars life will come sooner than later but I have been satisfied with this car. I do agree with gas mileage needing improvement though it is a gas hog but it is a SUV so expected.

xTreme performance
By xTreme Texas on 12/29/09 18:00 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this xTreme used and in need of some TLC. It is now in great condition, has been very reliable, and runs like a wild horse. Handling is far better than the LS Blazer I also own, and fuel economy is a rock solid 22MPG on the highway, and about 15MPG around town. This is definitely not the model for all SUV drivers, but more for those who want some spark to go with towing, handling, and looks. The A/C in this vehicle easily handles 100+ temps and the engine cooling system keeps things at 195d. Easy to work on when needed. Changed a bad alternator in less than 15 minutes with no special tools. Parts are cheap and readily available. Wish I could buy a new one.

Got a very good buy
By xtreme on 11/28/09 19:22 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2002 Blazer Xtreme and I have been very satisfied. This is my first SUV and I know that there are bigger and better ones these days, but for the xtremes purposes it does its job. It has a very stylish look and is very comfortable. It also has a considerable amount of power and I have no problem keeping up with the rest of the traffic. The xtreme is a very hard car to find especially with the lowish miles that I found in this one. If you can get your hands on a decent blazer I would absolutely suggest it.

bought a money pit on wheels
By david christian on 11/23/09 17:04 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Just got my 02 Blazer out of the shop today for its semi annual $700-800 breakdown. Gas mileage is terrible, ride is loud and uncomfortable. Too many odd noises everywhere, just waiting for the next but now very expected $800 shop visit. Waiting to dump it when I can afford another car payment. Then again, soon fixing it might be more expensive than any car payment and I wont have to go without a car while its being repaired, huge inconvenience. Next will be Toyota for sure.

Dependable
By attilio on 08/21/08 21:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 0 defects since I had my truck for 4 years. Plenty of room, pulls good and rides better than a normal truck. I maintain my vehicle on a monthly basis. I added an electric fan, K&N cool air kit, and under pulleys and get about 20 to 22 miles per gallon now so I'm very happy about my SUV.

02 Blazer
By hpc1979 on 07/03/08 15:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Chevy Blazer for about 5 years now. For ther most part, since it was my first new car, I haven't done too bad. The cons: Changed fuel pump already, build quality is poor, and it eats gas a little too fast, back seats are unconfortable. The pros: Good power, good control for an SUV, Drivers seat is extremely confortable, great driver to dash set up.

My Cadilliac
By blazer02 on 12/20/07 14:12 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This Blazer is the most awesome truck I've ever owned. It's fun to drive, it has great engine power. The gas mileage could be better but hey its got a big engine in it. I have the 02' loaded edition only 69k mint condition. I haul quads with it and it pulls them with no trouble.