2002 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
bought a money pit on wheels
By david christian on 11/23/09 17:04 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Just got my 02 Blazer out of the shop today for its semi annual $700-800 breakdown. Gas mileage is terrible, ride is loud and uncomfortable. Too many odd noises everywhere, just waiting for the next but now very expected $800 shop visit. Waiting to dump it when I can afford another car payment. Then again, soon fixing it might be more expensive than any car payment and I wont have to go without a car while its being repaired, huge inconvenience. Next will be Toyota for sure.

2002 2-DR Blazer
By KH1693 on 04/25/06 11:28 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Would not recommend this vehicle for purchase. It looks pretty good, inside and out, has plenty of room, but definitely not a safe vehicle. Also, several little electrical quirks, like radio stations changing on their own and guages sometimes erratic. Doesn't hold value. Overall, not a good purchase.

Great Smaller SUV
By Jeff Hawley on 12/14/05 19:50 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive...Very precise steering, good acceleration. Much easier to maneuver than one might expect. Interior is comfortable and spacious, with the possible exception of the rear seat area, which is somewhat similar to that of a compact car. I'm really enjoying my Blazer and would gladly recommend it to anyone.

A sandlewood color lemon
By Tj80 on 10/09/05 21:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Car rattles constantly, window trim is now loose, interior quality is very poor major gaps in plastic trim. Fold down seats no longer work after being worked on 3 times. Also transmission is slipping at high speeds, as well as the front bearings had to be replaced because either they wore away or were never put in in the first place. Also car is rusting from the inside out. Save your money. Buy something better than a GM piece of junk.

Piece of junk
By stateofcrisis on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I had purchased my Blazer ZR2 in March of 2002. I have had nothing but problems since. I have a slipping transmission, poor gas mileage 7-10 MPG doesn't matter city or highway. I most recently an electrical problem that can't seem to be found. I've brought the blazer back to the dealership and they tell me there is nothing they can do if no codes are coming up. What happened to the good ol' mechanic? I would never buy another chevrolet again after the problems that I have experienced with GM and their products.

Good around car
By gizzmo17fl on 03/14/02 13:02 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

It has enough room for carrying extra people, and has some decent power, especially for a six cylinder. I like the way the interior is set up. The interior is smooth and convenient. I personally love blazers now, wouldn't want any other suv maybe just upgraded to the zr2 package.