2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
MY BLUE BLAZER
By KITTNPUR on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'M QUITE HAPPY WITH HOW MY WHEELS DRIVES AND RIDES. I PLAN TO KEEP IT FOR A LONG TIME.

Stay Away from the Blazer
By Rennie on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but troubles with my Chevy Blazer LT 4WD. The truck has been to the dealership so many times I should have my own parking space. Be prepared for engine leaks, transmission leaks, coolant leaks, transfer case leaks, and on and on. I have replaced 6 air pumps in the emmissions system, and my Chev dealer cannot find the problem. Fuel economy is an average of 16 mpg. The only positive is that GM offered me a $1000 manufactures rebate off the next GM vehicle I buy, because of the endless problems. Do your homework, this is not the vehicle for you. 2 years in with 100k miles.

Having Fun
By Cary Draper on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy this suv and i can afford to own it. I love the fact at 6 foot 5 inches tall i can ride in cofortably. I have had no problems with this vehicle just fun.

XTREME TRUCKIN WAY TO GO!
By MFMISFITS on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am like any 20 year old kid. I want something that has the look and also responds when you step on the gas. I needed something that could get out of its own way. This was the truck I wanted. i just didnt want the 4 door. (not cool to have a 4 door at 20) So when the xtreme came out i was thrilled. I saved up as much money as i could and bought one. It is the best investment that i have made so far.

Will keep buying
By Blazerbuyer on 03/17/02 17:02 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2001 2DR Blazer. I previously had a 1997 4dr. I purchased the last one new, and put 90,000 miles on it. I brought it into the shop once for ball joints- thats it (other than routine maintenance ie: brakes, oil). The new one has been in the shop for vibration in the front end and a blown oil cooling pump. The vehicle rides beautiful and is living up to my expectations of a new Blazer- hopefully this is the end of the repairs. Will keep on buying Blazers/ Trailblazers for years to come.