Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Great for the price.
By Brian

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used just over a year ago and haven't had a single problem. Replaced the Bilstein shocks at 60k miles with another pair of Bilstein. Change the oil regularly and go. Might not have enough rear leg room for three adults but for an average family with a couple kids it works fine. Plenty of storage in the back for weakend projects. My mileage has averaged just over 17 miles per gallon, not bad for an SUV.

Power seat, storage space and overall value.

Rear air would be nice. Running boards and a slight lift with larger tires would be nice on LT models.

You can do so much better
By Ron

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I so regret buying this car. I'm stuck with it. I bought the vehicle in July 2001 for $22000. About 7 mos later I decided I really didn't like the vehicle and decided to trade it in. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the trade-in value was about $8000. It had depreciated $13000 in just 7 mos. I recently tried to trade it in again. The trade-in value is $5800. I owe more than the car is worth. There are many things I don't like about this vehicle. Visibility is terrible. It's hard to see out the rear view mirror. For a smaller SUV, it's a major gas hog. I'm getting about 18mpg. My insurance is high because the vehicle has low safety ratings. There are so many quality vehilcles around

I haven't had any major mechanical problems in four years

Make the vehicle have a higher resale value by making the vehicle in higher demand. Lower the MSRP by 25% as well

Happy so far...
By Brian

2001 Chevrolet Blazer TrailBlazer 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this summer. Quiet, sturdy, easy to drive. Suspension is a little soft but that makes for a better ride. Does not accelerate extremely fast, but its not suposed to be a sports car. Very nice interior. So far a front wheel bearing was replace but other than that everything has been good. I get about 19mpg city and 23mpg highway. EXCELENT in the snow.

Auto 4x4 mode. Great for half snow covered roads.

Tighter suspension.

NO GOOD
By Jp

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The same day that we bought this BLAZER we had to bring it back to the dealer because it was shaking. Wheels were balanced but it was still unstable. After bringing it to the dealer several times, about a year later the dealer did find out a rim was not round. It was replaced and for a while driving it was more stable, but not for too long. Now the dealer is saying the tires are out of spec & worn out. I went to Tires Plus & at least two other mechanics and the tires have threads for at least 20k more miles. The dealer fixed problems with the A/C & 4x4. Iím thinking about taken court action for the wheels.

Exterior Styling looks good

Better gas mileage and more power under the hood & fix all pieces that rattle when you drive anywhere.

Great SUV V6 engine but it works for me
By Ericando

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved owning this car and would buy another soon but i am getting a company car through Progressive. It was pewrefect for me in my situation who worked hard construction during the day but wanted luxury at night.

leather seats, 6 disc changer, and the sunroof.

more power in the engine but only if it didn't lose mpg rate.