Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

It's alright
By nate

2001 Chevrolet Blazer TrailBlazer 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It's an alright truck all around but I still feel more comfortable driving an old beat up Civic. It doesnt feel stable off road and I'm constantly having mechanical issues with it but it does all that it's technically supposed to I guess.

Favorite Features

All leather interior and heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Make it last mechanically like a Honda and a wider wheel base would make me more comfortable off road

Good? Bad?
By GMJohn

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this lease return (Carfax Info) vehicle used about 2 1/2 years ago. Has been good second vehicle until recently with failure of lower ball joints and discovery that the "noise" in the back I have heard for last 5-6 months is apparently the carrier bearings in the rear end which resulted in early failure of entire rear end (estimate of $1200 +/-). It may be time for a replacement vehicle especially since mileage has always been about 17mpg highway.

Favorite Features

Agree that stereo system is very good especially for a smaller, lighter vehicle. Behaves well on road and is very quick for a small engine.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage - Mileage - Mileage. American car manufacturers have to get out of big Oil's pocket! Stronger warranty.

I've been left stranded more than once..
By Lynette

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has left me stranded on more than one occassion. Have had problems with the alternator, ingnition coil springs and fuel pump. Rides very rough. Is not roomy...back seat is almost impossible to get into unless you're 5'2 and weigh 100 pounds. Squeaks and rattles and idles rough. Can't wait to trade this one in.

Favorite Features

There's nothing really special about this truck...

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical problems, make it more comfortable...smoother ride, more roomy.

2001 Blazer
By dave

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle used, with low miles, and GM certified. Also purchased the extended warranty, and it's a good thing. This vehicle has been in the shop more than any other vehicle I've ever owned, with oil cooler lines twice, battery cables corroding prematurely, coolant leaks, and worst of all, lack of heat. No one has been able to fix the heat concern, even after seven tries, with the radiator, heater core, and main control head being relpaced, plus a flush. The vehicle is also the worst riding car I've ever owned.Also rattles everywhere- Don't get me wrong- I am not bashing GM because I've had other GM products that have been terrific and I definitely will own another- just not a Blazer

Favorite Features

The automatic four wheel drive, the 4.3 engine- plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Too late now since the vehicle is out of prodution, but better ride and definitely a better heating system.

Chevy Blazer 4x4 2 dr SUV gold
By dan

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is second Blazer 4x4 in 2001 I bought. Yes gas, but other than gas, my first was a red 4 door 4x4 that was hit/wrecked the frame so Allstate settled on a total loss and since I owned this car, i bought a 2 door 4x4 Gold and tinted and even smoother than the 4 door. My wife and I love it and love this SUV and as long as you take good care of the car, I believe this will well serve anyone looking for a reliable SUV. Others have written bad comments but maybe they didnt take good care or maybe they bought from other than a dealership because there's nothing wrong yet with the 2001 4x4 Chevy Blazers. Other SUVs dont match up to the Chevy Blazer for the money.

Favorite Features

4x4, sun roof, ease of use offroad, color, room even in the two door-which I bought instead of getting another 4 door. Plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

Better air-conditioning, better gas mileage.