2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
unsatisfied
By geoteach2000 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Front end problems at 38,000 miles...needed hub assembly unit...475.00 part. Have heard of others having same problems with front end due to poor design and Chevy's inability or unwillingness to fix the design problems...whatever they may be...this is pure speculation though... as I have heard this through word of mouth.

Decent car for the money
By ohiocpa on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is primarily my wife's car, and she really likes it. It's a decent SUV for the money, but has a few annoying rattles. Also, on the 2WD model, the wheels are closer together giving it a more wobbly feeling around curves or over bumpy road. Great towing power for a midsize SUV. We tow our 24' boat with no problems.

NEVER BUY A BLAZER
By Hate It on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Worst car ever, don't ever buy a Blazer. Where to even start, this car is always in the shop. In 2.5 years, everything has gone wrong. Unreliable and unsafe. Know 2 other people with the same car and have the same problems...none of us will ever buy a Blazer again. 4WD, steering, brakes, power seats, windows leaking, catalytic onverter, exhaust system, alternator, you name it, it breaks. 50 miles over warranty, power seats went, 150 over, windows were leaking, 1,000 over, the car jumps when it accelerates. Word of Warning, don't but this car...EVER!

Worst Car I have had!
By Chevy on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Are you kidding me? This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. It is always in the shop and things never seem to get fixed. In 2.5 years I have had 5 major things fixed. Shakes like the car is going to fall apart. I rarely even drive on the highway with it anymore b/c it feels so unsafe. Terrible brakes, shakes when baking up, always feels like it has a flat tire...the problems are endless. I can't get rid of it soon enough!

Finally a fun Chevy
By Hexxman on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned ours since they first launch and have had very little concerns. Fun to drive and still gets looks from those of all ages.

2001 chevy blazer
By Jamie Putchio on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this is a good verhicle but the body style has been the same for to long! They need to change it!

Chevy Wins Again
By Huryinhawks on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Don't be swayed by people who say "they don't like their Blazer" They are few and far between. I am 31 years old and my wife and i leased our 2001 white Xtreme Blazer. The only time we had to take it in to the shop was when the brake light switch went out, they had a recall and it was fixed. This is a great vehicle and we will most defintely buy another one when this lease is up, its nice seeing kids and grown adults admiring your vehicle when your out and about.

Blazer is on fire!
By Garth36 on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Blazer ZR-2 for 2 years. It performs extrememly well and I love driving it! I have been through some rough weather, travel extensively and have never had a problem with the car itself. The tire on the back takes a little getting used to. The seats are comfortable and when the back seats fold down, the cargo space comes in handy! I would recommend this car to anyone interested in buying it.

My Blazer
By chuck9999 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Love it, would definitely buy another one.

LUVV IT!!
By Aprill on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'm really happy with my Blazer. It has the kick I need for my style of driving. If it weren't for the bad dude that through out a glass bottle and put a crack in my windshield, it would still be in perfect condition. Everything else is great with this vehicle!