2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Lemon
By Cavanaugh on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The blazer has been my favorite car to drive. Good ride. But I have had too many problems with it in the 3 years I've owned it.: Multi-switch, abs modular, Oil cooling hoses, Stripping around windows, brand new transmission, now something in the front end I have to have checked. This is the last American Car I will own.

xtrem blazer
By xtremblazer on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

it has a good system for it to be stock and it has very good styling it is a very good car and is actually preaty fast and it is not hard to find performence part for it

Chevy
By Messner on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

CHEVY, the best. I love my truck, it's the best in 4wheel drive and the snow. I live to see it snow, cause I have no worries about driving in it. If I could I would move farther north or a place it snows more than Ohio. I do wish I could afford a newer SUV, but the one I have will do for know. Thanks

CHEEP IS THE NAME OF THE GAME
By NOTTOHAPPY on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a nice looking vehicle. I have had many problems with this vehicle though, most of which can be atributed to a poor quality build. After the first month this vehicle was in the shop three times. I had problems with kinked fuel hoses, rear defroster which did not work (still does not after repeated attempts), 4WD froze up and would not change out of low, then after it was repaired it would not go into 4WD the following winter. Oil leaks out of the vehicle after only 60000 miles. GM service is the absolute worst in the industry also (they can't seem to fix anything the first time...)

2001 Blazer 4WD LT
By RDTMBA on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

2nd Blazer owned, have had problems w/ air conditioning losing coolant, dealer fixed it 3 times still hasn't found leak but has always done it for free since problem 1st occurred 1 month after buying. No other problems to report. Would buy again but seems as if it is being phased out. Really like the fact that back seats fold down flat. No other SUV's seem to have this feature.

Great Price and Value SUV
By GONE_FISHIN' on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have used my Blazer extensively pulling my bassboat. It has been dependable with no major work. The 4.3L engine is smooth and the vehicle is very quiet at all speeds. Long trips make this SUV shine with comfort! I most enjoy loading it with camping/fishing gear and get outta' town.

A great suv to drive.
By gscncmc on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I have tried all sorts of SUV's and found the Chevy Blazer to be one of the best by far. The ride is quiet and smooth. The seats are comfortable with plenty of leg room in the front. The back seat is also comfortable and works great for two car seats. I would not recommend three people for the backseat. The visiblity is excellent. The suv's moverability is great. We are so pleased with the Blazer.

2001 Chev LT Blazer 4WD
By JL on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice ride, comfortable mid-size SUV. Handles good off-road.

Great Vehicle
By Blazer67 on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2 Door Blazer LT certifed used with 22000 miles on it have had it 6 months. This is a great vehicle with ample power and a decent ride for SUV. So far no mechanical difficulties. This is great SUV for the money

unsatisfied
By geoteach2000 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Front end problems at 38,000 miles...needed hub assembly unit...475.00 part. Have heard of others having same problems with front end due to poor design and Chevy's inability or unwillingness to fix the design problems...whatever they may be...this is pure speculation though... as I have heard this through word of mouth.