Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Last GM for me
By j smith

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

In the last 10 years I have bought 10 new GM cars or trucks, and I have owned 25 GM's in my life, This Blazer is the main reason I will no longer buy GM. It had two sections of the body repainted in the factoy. Can now be seen due to low clear coat mils that have lost their gloss and some over spray. When I reported the problem to GM, they told me the paint only had a 2 year warranty. It has what feels like an out of balance tire since day one that has never gone away no mater who or how offen the tires were balanced, same for the second set of tires. The seats will not stay locked down and will slide back and forth if gas or brakes are applied hard.

None

Learn how work with customers when they ask for help. I would still buy GM's if they has worked with me to iron out the problems.

Blazers Are The Best
By Cus

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Blazer for about 6 months now and it was my first car, and all I have to say is that I love it. It is a lot of fun to drive, but the fuel economy could be a little better. Overall, I think it's a awesome truck and very reliable.

Exterior looks, performance, and reliability

Fuel economy

Disappionted
By RKG

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle when it was 9 months old with 17,000. The mileage is now 51,000. I have spent considerable amount of money on repairs. Too many things to list. Everytime I go in for an oil change, they find another $500 worth of stuff. I just spent another $868. This vehicle has not been used to tow anything or for off road. The gas mileage is terrible. I just filled up and checked and I am getting 15.5 mpg. The only reason I keep it is because it is paid for!

Handles good in the snow. I like the interior and is comfortable to drive.

GM needs to improve their reliability and gas mileage.

Not Bad For an American
By supersteff

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used with about 172K, and the cars been a good experience after 206K. Great engine, provides lots of power, but could be better on acceleration(because of weight). Great on snow and ice, and very reliable for a north-american car. This car's never had any major problems, except the brakes and stereo. Exterior and Interior quality could be a bit better too. Interior plastic is flimsy and moves around very easily, while some of the trim on the exterior pulls off quite easily. All in all, not a bad truck for the every day driver who has to overcome some bad weather during the winter.

4x4 great in snow, pretty good on gas for a heavy car, very reliable for a north american car, good car for anyone who lives in an area with bad weather/roads

Brakes squeal, speakers vibrate if the radio's loud, interior and exterior quality not wonderful(but typical), and super-soft suspension not too comfortable on speed-bumps

I Love my SUV
By M.H.

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this with all the "bells and whistles" last month. No problems yet. I love it. Very comfortable, great power, and roomy. Exactly what we were looking for. I wanted a minivan and hubby wanted a pick up so this was the perfect compromise.

Interior. Very roomy and love the heated and memory seats.

Better gas mileage, but we knew what we were getting with buying an SUV.

• SUV