Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Disappionted
By RKG

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle when it was 9 months old with 17,000. The mileage is now 51,000. I have spent considerable amount of money on repairs. Too many things to list. Everytime I go in for an oil change, they find another $500 worth of stuff. I just spent another $868. This vehicle has not been used to tow anything or for off road. The gas mileage is terrible. I just filled up and checked and I am getting 15.5 mpg. The only reason I keep it is because it is paid for!

Favorite Features

Handles good in the snow. I like the interior and is comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to improve their reliability and gas mileage.

Not Bad For an American
By supersteff

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used with about 172K, and the cars been a good experience after 206K. Great engine, provides lots of power, but could be better on acceleration(because of weight). Great on snow and ice, and very reliable for a north-american car. This car's never had any major problems, except the brakes and stereo. Exterior and Interior quality could be a bit better too. Interior plastic is flimsy and moves around very easily, while some of the trim on the exterior pulls off quite easily. All in all, not a bad truck for the every day driver who has to overcome some bad weather during the winter.

Favorite Features

4x4 great in snow, pretty good on gas for a heavy car, very reliable for a north american car, good car for anyone who lives in an area with bad weather/roads

Suggested Improvements

Brakes squeal, speakers vibrate if the radio's loud, interior and exterior quality not wonderful(but typical), and super-soft suspension not too comfortable on speed-bumps

I Love my SUV
By M.H.

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this with all the "bells and whistles" last month. No problems yet. I love it. Very comfortable, great power, and roomy. Exactly what we were looking for. I wanted a minivan and hubby wanted a pick up so this was the perfect compromise.

Favorite Features

Interior. Very roomy and love the heated and memory seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, but we knew what we were getting with buying an SUV.

Great looks and practical
By Doron

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really reliable, like most GM's. The 4.3 is plenty powerful to tow or for merging into traffic. The fuel economy isnt that bad either, I average 16-17 city and 20-22 highway with a heavy foot. Overall I am really happy with this truck and plan on keeping it a long time.

Favorite Features

Looks great and very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Able SUV
By andy

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Blazer 2dr SUV is a tight, comfortable and able SUV for the money. It has a very able tow rating of 3500 lbs, comes with the factory hitch and plenty of horsepower to do the job. Even though my Blazer was purchased 4 years old it is still a very tight body with no wind noise and excellent handling.

Favorite Features

Powerful v-6, nice stereo, great looks, nice interior

Suggested Improvements

Ride could be a little softer