2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Chevy's ruining a good thing
By Spaznoids on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Plastic vibrating sounds whenever you hit the smallest of potholes, a huge hump across the passenger side floorboard, sluggish pickup (my wifes 2003 sunfire out excelerates the blazer), and not to mention this hideous popping and grinding sound that comes from the front wheels when you turn the wheel all the way one direction or the other. It's a shame Chevy just throws things together anymore.

Lemon Nightmare!
By madmom on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV TrailBlazer 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TrailBlazer in April of 2003, it broke down at least once a month. Both tail lights broke - twice. The car had an electrical short that no one could find. Every time I got out of the car it would shock me. Each time I took it into the dealership they would tell me it was static - yea right. I have never had a car with cloth seats shock me EVERY time I closed the door. The transmission broke - but the dealership didn't think their was a problem. Good news - as long as you don't mind punching it to 4000 rpm's everytime you take off it will shift for you.

Word to the wise, buy something else!
By Spock2001 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Chevy Blazer I've owned, and, most definitely, the last. The quality of this product leaves much to be desired. Fortunately, I have not had to have in for too many repairs - one bad switch, which was a recall, and leaky oil cooling lines. Why does it seem that all Chevys of the same make and model have the same issues over and over again? It does not seem stable or safe. The interior components are cheap and flimsy. The engine, although powerful, is extremely inefficient! They say it gets 17 MPG average, 21 MPG highway. That is an outright lie! I'm lucky if I get 14 AVG! This will definitely be the LAST American car I purchase.

Great SUV
By ganeptum on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have read some negative rates about this car and I am sorry for that people. My personal experience is great and my blazer is a2001 model and I own it sice new and had to change Oil, Tires, and regular service but NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT. It is just great.

Biggest piece of scrap metal I own
By jano on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

In the 8 yrs that I have owned my Nissan, I have less problems with it than I have had with this hunk of scrap metal. A totally rebuilt engine at 38,000 miles? Left and right wheel hub assembly replaced b4 33000? I look at it and despise the day I bought it. Should have paid attention to the poor reviews for reliability and mechanical soundness.

old reliable
By Kim James on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Always ready to go. Never had a problem with vehicle. Not 4 wheel drive but does a great job pulling an 18ft boat out of the water up a hills.

Alright, but don't run and buy one
By HipHop on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

3 people I know bought blazers within 3 monthes of getting this one, all three have had the exact same problems at the exact same mileage meaning the overall quality is terrible, the ride is too stiff for as bad as the truck handles - all the interior pieces rattle when you drive anywhere - can get beat (speed wise) by most any car on the road

Nice SUV...however
By ryash9500 on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this SUV for almost 3yrs now. Really enjoy driving it, however I've already had to have both front wheel bearings replaced. Tensioner in the engine, and the CD player quit. I have just over 36,000 miles on it and must say I'm a little concerned what the next few years may bring. I like the way it looks and got a great deal on it since the TrailBlazers were being unloaded while I was dealing.

Black TB
By Trailblazer 3221 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Quirky driver window. Has been fixed 3 times. Will go down and stay there until it is ready go come back up. Transmission LOUSY reverse. Steep grades have required the use of 4wd LOW to move vehicle. Fuel guage quirky will show empty when 1/2 full at times.

Chevrolet Blazer
By Pam Watts on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems with the suspension on this vehicle. It was put in the shop two different times, for a week each time. Problem never corrected. Struts and shocks were replaced, but htis wasn't the problem. Vehicle creaks and squeaks when you hit any type of irregularity in the road. Sounds like the chassis will come apart, also embarrasing. Mechanics say they can't find the problem. Out of warrenty now.