Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Good value, reliable all around Car.
By Whit

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car with 15k in '02. Now has 78k. Had a few issues, breaks, tie rods, wheel bearings front, gas fill issues and vapor recovery stuff, oh ya, tie rods, did I mention tie rods. Over all a good ride, and reliable 4 wheel drive that works easily. Would buy again for the price. My wife loves if for the dogs, and the very muddy roads in Maine.

Interior comfort, electric seat, tilt wheel, visibility, mirrors, fold down rear seat. Good 4 wheel drive, and ground clearance. Great V-6 engine, too bad they stopped making it.

They don't make a small, S-10 vehicle any more. I get almost 18 miles per gallon in town and 22 on the highway. Great V-6 engine, have the same in my boat.

Never again
By JUNK

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Blazer in July with 38,000 m. In December at 49,000 I had to replace the transmission. Since then things have gone downhill. I've had to replace both tie rod ends, my rocker arm, 4 door hinges, my windows get stuck in the down position in 5 degree weather. My gas gauge picks its days to work. An to top it all off again I am replacing the transmission for the second time! I have always been a Chevy fan until now. It has been the biggest lemon ever!

The Worst Vehicle I've Owned For Sure
By G-Man

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Within 75k miles had the following issues: Door pins and hinges went bad. Right hub went bad. Transfer case leaks. Radiator blew. Head gesket went with it (never even got above 220). Passenger seat handle broke twice. Had to replace fuel injectors. Fuel pump is making noise. No I'm not dumping anymore money into this hunk of junk! A piece of junk! I would never buy a a Chevrolet again!

Nice interior

Don't buy one!

Nothing but problems
By Lana & Jack Rowland

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I got the truck used and since the day I got it nothing but problems. The first thing was the transmission and a shutting off problem. I can't drive it on trips because when the temp is high the truck shuts off. It will start again but then shuts off again. So I beleave that this truck is a piece of junk. Unless you have a lot of money to put in to it which I don't.

Then only thing I like about the truck is the heated seats in the winter.

Find out why so many Blazer owners have the same problem as me

Excellent!
By Tor

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Blazer for almost 2yrs. and have loved every minute of it. It rides smoothly, has lots of power, have only had minor repairs and has a great Bose sound system. When purchased, my Blazer had 100,000km on it and it now has 140,000km. Only minor issues; small coolant leak & brake light switch. Needs a new head gasket thought. I find it does tend to go through brakes quickly (appx. every 10 months). Extremely reliable, I live in Canada and get very cold and harsh winters. Hope this vehicle lasts cause I sure do enjoy driving it!

Bose 6-speaker sound system, looks, handling, performance and the feeling of safety

Better fuel economy, less vibrations in speakers and improved braking system.