Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Piece of Junk
By Patrick

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Blazer had some good attributes, but quality of manufacture was not one of them. Overall this vehicle was junk! It rattled almost from the day I bought it. The dealer never could find out what was causing it. I had a Toyota before this and I only bought this vehicle because the dealer made me a good offer. In the end, I really paid for that good deal. I meticulously maintained my Blazer, but I donít think that it really helped. At 102,000 miles, the transmission went bad and I went back to Toyota and I will never buy another American car again.

The interior was nice and I like the features the radio had on it like the speed controlled volume.

Quality, quality quality! If you made a better car, the Japanese would not be burying you!

Excellent
By Linda & Charles

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Driving the Blazer has been a blast. We purchased the Blazer in Oct, 2006 for mainly a vacation vehicle. But once we got into it and really started driving it around we fell in love. It is great on long distance trips as well as short trips to the grocery store. I hoping that you never discontinue this model because we have decided in a couple of years that we are going to trade in one of your other vehicles on a Chevy Blazer. We own all Chevy's one is 47 years old and still runs like a champ. As a old fast lover Chevy's. You have once again renewed my faith in Chevy. Thank you so much. It will always be a huge plus to own and drive a Chevy.

My personal favorive feature is the way you've designed the front seats. No matter how you put the seat it is like this seat was custom made to fit my body. I never thought that I would like the touch on the go 4WD, but in Nebraska weather getting out of the auto to turn the hubs is a major plus.

My only suggestion is to make it just a little longer and wider. And a key lock on the tailgate. On cold winter days having to go to the two front doors to unlock the whole vehicle is a lot un-nerving in a large town. I'd really like to see that as a improvement.

Piece of Junk
By Junky chevy owner

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a piece of junk. Had nothing but problems with this truck. Transmission went at 55K, both door hinges had to be replaced, windows get stuck, never know when it's going to die on me.

It's an SUV

Make a better vehicle, they charge enough for them.

Last GM for me
By j smith

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

In the last 10 years I have bought 10 new GM cars or trucks, and I have owned 25 GM's in my life, This Blazer is the main reason I will no longer buy GM. It had two sections of the body repainted in the factoy. Can now be seen due to low clear coat mils that have lost their gloss and some over spray. When I reported the problem to GM, they told me the paint only had a 2 year warranty. It has what feels like an out of balance tire since day one that has never gone away no mater who or how offen the tires were balanced, same for the second set of tires. The seats will not stay locked down and will slide back and forth if gas or brakes are applied hard.

None

Learn how work with customers when they ask for help. I would still buy GM's if they has worked with me to iron out the problems.

Blazers Are The Best
By Cus

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Blazer for about 6 months now and it was my first car, and all I have to say is that I love it. It is a lot of fun to drive, but the fuel economy could be a little better. Overall, I think it's a awesome truck and very reliable.

Exterior looks, performance, and reliability

Fuel economy