2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Good? Bad?
By GMJohn on 11/02/05 22:55 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this lease return (Carfax Info) vehicle used about 2 1/2 years ago. Has been good second vehicle until recently with failure of lower ball joints and discovery that the "noise" in the back I have heard for last 5-6 months is apparently the carrier bearings in the rear end which resulted in early failure of entire rear end (estimate of $1200 +/-). It may be time for a replacement vehicle especially since mileage has always been about 17mpg highway.

I've been left stranded more than once..
By Lynette on 09/28/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has left me stranded on more than one occassion. Have had problems with the alternator, ingnition coil springs and fuel pump. Rides very rough. Is not roomy...back seat is almost impossible to get into unless you're 5'2 and weigh 100 pounds. Squeaks and rattles and idles rough. Can't wait to trade this one in.

2001 Blazer
By dave on 09/24/05 07:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the vehicle used, with low miles, and GM certified. Also purchased the extended warranty, and it's a good thing. This vehicle has been in the shop more than any other vehicle I've ever owned, with oil cooler lines twice, battery cables corroding prematurely, coolant leaks, and worst of all, lack of heat. No one has been able to fix the heat concern, even after seven tries, with the radiator, heater core, and main control head being relpaced, plus a flush. The vehicle is also the worst riding car I've ever owned.Also rattles everywhere- Don't get me wrong- I am not bashing GM because I've had other GM products that have been terrific and I definitely will own another- just not a Blazer

Chevy Blazer 4x4 2 dr SUV gold
By dan on 09/07/05 00:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is second Blazer 4x4 in 2001 I bought. Yes gas, but other than gas, my first was a red 4 door 4x4 that was hit/wrecked the frame so Allstate settled on a total loss and since I owned this car, i bought a 2 door 4x4 Gold and tinted and even smoother than the 4 door. My wife and I love it and love this SUV and as long as you take good care of the car, I believe this will well serve anyone looking for a reliable SUV. Others have written bad comments but maybe they didnt take good care or maybe they bought from other than a dealership because there's nothing wrong yet with the 2001 4x4 Chevy Blazers. Other SUVs dont match up to the Chevy Blazer for the money.

Great for the price.
By Brian on 08/28/05 23:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used just over a year ago and haven't had a single problem. Replaced the Bilstein shocks at 60k miles with another pair of Bilstein. Change the oil regularly and go. Might not have enough rear leg room for three adults but for an average family with a couple kids it works fine. Plenty of storage in the back for weakend projects. My mileage has averaged just over 17 miles per gallon, not bad for an SUV.

You can do so much better
By Ron on 08/25/05 17:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I so regret buying this car. I'm stuck with it. I bought the vehicle in July 2001 for $22000. About 7 mos later I decided I really didn't like the vehicle and decided to trade it in. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the trade-in value was about $8000. It had depreciated $13000 in just 7 mos. I recently tried to trade it in again. The trade-in value is $5800. I owe more than the car is worth. There are many things I don't like about this vehicle. Visibility is terrible. It's hard to see out the rear view mirror. For a smaller SUV, it's a major gas hog. I'm getting about 18mpg. My insurance is high because the vehicle has low safety ratings. There are so many quality vehilcles around

Happy so far...
By Brian on 01/06/05 09:11 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer TrailBlazer 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this summer. Quiet, sturdy, easy to drive. Suspension is a little soft but that makes for a better ride. Does not accelerate extremely fast, but its not suposed to be a sports car. Very nice interior. So far a front wheel bearing was replace but other than that everything has been good. I get about 19mpg city and 23mpg highway. EXCELENT in the snow.

NO GOOD
By Jp on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The same day that we bought this BLAZER we had to bring it back to the dealer because it was shaking. Wheels were balanced but it was still unstable. After bringing it to the dealer several times, about a year later the dealer did find out a rim was not round. It was replaced and for a while driving it was more stable, but not for too long. Now the dealer is saying the tires are out of spec & worn out. I went to Tires Plus & at least two other mechanics and the tires have threads for at least 20k more miles. The dealer fixed problems with the A/C & 4x4. I’m thinking about taken court action for the wheels.

Great SUV V6 engine but it works for me
By Ericando on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved owning this car and would buy another soon but i am getting a company car through Progressive. It was pewrefect for me in my situation who worked hard construction during the day but wanted luxury at night.

Decent bang for the buck
By rjf on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I disagree with those that say the car feels unstable - I've had this thing on some uneven slopes and never had a problem. Overall, this has been a solid vehicle though not very exciting.