Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

The Worst Vehicle I've Owned For Sure
By G-Man

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Within 75k miles had the following issues: Door pins and hinges went bad. Right hub went bad. Transfer case leaks. Radiator blew. Head gesket went with it (never even got above 220). Passenger seat handle broke twice. Had to replace fuel injectors. Fuel pump is making noise. No I'm not dumping anymore money into this hunk of junk! A piece of junk! I would never buy a a Chevrolet again!

Favorite Features

Nice interior

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy one!

Nothing but problems
By Lana & Jack Rowland

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I got the truck used and since the day I got it nothing but problems. The first thing was the transmission and a shutting off problem. I can't drive it on trips because when the temp is high the truck shuts off. It will start again but then shuts off again. So I beleave that this truck is a piece of junk. Unless you have a lot of money to put in to it which I don't.

Favorite Features

Then only thing I like about the truck is the heated seats in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

Find out why so many Blazer owners have the same problem as me

Excellent!
By Tor

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Blazer for almost 2yrs. and have loved every minute of it. It rides smoothly, has lots of power, have only had minor repairs and has a great Bose sound system. When purchased, my Blazer had 100,000km on it and it now has 140,000km. Only minor issues; small coolant leak & brake light switch. Needs a new head gasket thought. I find it does tend to go through brakes quickly (appx. every 10 months). Extremely reliable, I live in Canada and get very cold and harsh winters. Hope this vehicle lasts cause I sure do enjoy driving it!

Favorite Features

Bose 6-speaker sound system, looks, handling, performance and the feeling of safety

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, less vibrations in speakers and improved braking system.

I'm happy with it!
By Donna

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Blazer used over 3 years ago. I've had great luck with my little truck.

Favorite Features

The comfortable front seats are nice. Everything on the dash is easy to reach. I haven't had to do anything to maintain it besides change the fluids.

Suggested Improvements

The center console dented with the daily pressure of using it for an arm rest. Getting into the back seat is horrible to try to do if you have adult sized feet. The back seat is definitely not made for adults! It needs a key locking system for the back gate door.

Piece of Junk
By Patrick

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Blazer had some good attributes, but quality of manufacture was not one of them. Overall this vehicle was junk! It rattled almost from the day I bought it. The dealer never could find out what was causing it. I had a Toyota before this and I only bought this vehicle because the dealer made me a good offer. In the end, I really paid for that good deal. I meticulously maintained my Blazer, but I donít think that it really helped. At 102,000 miles, the transmission went bad and I went back to Toyota and I will never buy another American car again.

Favorite Features

The interior was nice and I like the features the radio had on it like the speed controlled volume.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality quality! If you made a better car, the Japanese would not be burying you!