2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2001 Blazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Sort Reviews by

Piece of Junk
By Patrick

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Blazer had some good attributes, but quality of manufacture was not one of them. Overall this vehicle was junk! It rattled almost from the day I bought it. The dealer never could find out what was causing it. I had a Toyota before this and I only bought this vehicle because the dealer made me a good offer. In the end, I really paid for that good deal. I meticulously maintained my Blazer, but I donít think that it really helped. At 102,000 miles, the transmission went bad and I went back to Toyota and I will never buy another American car again.

Favorite Features

The interior was nice and I like the features the radio had on it like the speed controlled volume.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, quality quality! If you made a better car, the Japanese would not be burying you!

Excellent
By Linda & Charles

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Driving the Blazer has been a blast. We purchased the Blazer in Oct, 2006 for mainly a vacation vehicle. But once we got into it and really started driving it around we fell in love. It is great on long distance trips as well as short trips to the grocery store. I hoping that you never discontinue this model because we have decided in a couple of years that we are going to trade in one of your other vehicles on a Chevy Blazer. We own all Chevy's one is 47 years old and still runs like a champ. As a old fast lover Chevy's. You have once again renewed my faith in Chevy. Thank you so much. It will always be a huge plus to own and drive a Chevy.

Favorite Features

My personal favorive feature is the way you've designed the front seats. No matter how you put the seat it is like this seat was custom made to fit my body. I never thought that I would like the touch on the go 4WD, but in Nebraska weather getting out of the auto to turn the hubs is a major plus.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion is to make it just a little longer and wider. And a key lock on the tailgate. On cold winter days having to go to the two front doors to unlock the whole vehicle is a lot un-nerving in a large town. I'd really like to see that as a improvement.

Piece of Junk
By Junky chevy owner

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a piece of junk. Had nothing but problems with this truck. Transmission went at 55K, both door hinges had to be replaced, windows get stuck, never know when it's going to die on me.

Favorite Features

It's an SUV

Suggested Improvements

Make a better vehicle, they charge enough for them.

Last GM for me
By j smith

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

In the last 10 years I have bought 10 new GM cars or trucks, and I have owned 25 GM's in my life, This Blazer is the main reason I will no longer buy GM. It had two sections of the body repainted in the factoy. Can now be seen due to low clear coat mils that have lost their gloss and some over spray. When I reported the problem to GM, they told me the paint only had a 2 year warranty. It has what feels like an out of balance tire since day one that has never gone away no mater who or how offen the tires were balanced, same for the second set of tires. The seats will not stay locked down and will slide back and forth if gas or brakes are applied hard.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Learn how work with customers when they ask for help. I would still buy GM's if they has worked with me to iron out the problems.

Blazers Are The Best
By Cus

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Blazer for about 6 months now and it was my first car, and all I have to say is that I love it. It is a lot of fun to drive, but the fuel economy could be a little better. Overall, I think it's a awesome truck and very reliable.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, performance, and reliability

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

Disappionted
By RKG

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle when it was 9 months old with 17,000. The mileage is now 51,000. I have spent considerable amount of money on repairs. Too many things to list. Everytime I go in for an oil change, they find another $500 worth of stuff. I just spent another $868. This vehicle has not been used to tow anything or for off road. The gas mileage is terrible. I just filled up and checked and I am getting 15.5 mpg. The only reason I keep it is because it is paid for!

Favorite Features

Handles good in the snow. I like the interior and is comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to improve their reliability and gas mileage.

Not Bad For an American
By supersteff

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used with about 172K, and the cars been a good experience after 206K. Great engine, provides lots of power, but could be better on acceleration(because of weight). Great on snow and ice, and very reliable for a north-american car. This car's never had any major problems, except the brakes and stereo. Exterior and Interior quality could be a bit better too. Interior plastic is flimsy and moves around very easily, while some of the trim on the exterior pulls off quite easily. All in all, not a bad truck for the every day driver who has to overcome some bad weather during the winter.

Favorite Features

4x4 great in snow, pretty good on gas for a heavy car, very reliable for a north american car, good car for anyone who lives in an area with bad weather/roads

Suggested Improvements

Brakes squeal, speakers vibrate if the radio's loud, interior and exterior quality not wonderful(but typical), and super-soft suspension not too comfortable on speed-bumps

I Love my SUV
By M.H.

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this with all the "bells and whistles" last month. No problems yet. I love it. Very comfortable, great power, and roomy. Exactly what we were looking for. I wanted a minivan and hubby wanted a pick up so this was the perfect compromise.

Favorite Features

Interior. Very roomy and love the heated and memory seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, but we knew what we were getting with buying an SUV.

Great looks and practical
By Doron

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really reliable, like most GM's. The 4.3 is plenty powerful to tow or for merging into traffic. The fuel economy isnt that bad either, I average 16-17 city and 20-22 highway with a heavy foot. Overall I am really happy with this truck and plan on keeping it a long time.

Favorite Features

Looks great and very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Able SUV
By andy

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Blazer 2dr SUV is a tight, comfortable and able SUV for the money. It has a very able tow rating of 3500 lbs, comes with the factory hitch and plenty of horsepower to do the job. Even though my Blazer was purchased 4 years old it is still a very tight body with no wind noise and excellent handling.

Favorite Features

Powerful v-6, nice stereo, great looks, nice interior

Suggested Improvements

Ride could be a little softer