Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Happy,Happy,Happy
By Happy,Happy,Happy

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our Blazer used on jan.'08. It had 148,551 miles on it, it now has 176,894. We have had only one problem with it (the fuel pump finally went out in it at 176,756). Other then that the rig is great. The 4.3l v6 is by far the best engine I have ever seen in a rig. Its a shame they quit making it. We love the 4x4 system it has, and we like the auto 4x4 option it came with. I wasn't shur I would like the push button 4x4, but I will have to say I am impressed with its ease going in and out of 4x4 mode. In all we couldn't be happier, and we plane on keeping it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Great mileage(15city 22hwy)with an open air intake I get 23to24 mph hwy.the paint is good,the ride is great,4.3L power is perfect,4x4 works great, awesome in the snow and off road.

Suggested Improvements

keep making the 4.3L engine.A small v6 diesel would be nice to see.Interior could use a little more attention, more user friendly center counsel.

Nothing to brag about
By Tim

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this SUV for my wife. I have the same year Mazda Tribute and it is amazing how different they run. The Mazda is a tight ride, drives new. We have done nothing but general maintenance. The Blazer runs rough, we have probably spent $1,500 over the past year for repairs. A friend of mine had a blazer and he told me to stay away but I did not listen.

Favorite Features

I like how the interior is ut together, nice riding up high.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is horrible, I swear you can hear the car burning gas when it runs.

Decent...
By nick

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Good truck, too many problems. not reliable. Head gasket went out at 100k, should not be a problem at this mileage. Bought at 87k approx. 6 months before. Gas mileage is poor, truck has power and is fast, but its a cool little truck.

Favorite Features

good power, good accel, comfortable, decent design, cool little features inside, decent stock radio

Suggested Improvements

HEAD GASKET! not too offroad friendly, not many aftermarket parts, switched to a 4runner and am much happier.

It is how it sounds!
By Supercharged Xtreme

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my X-treme in 2008 with 76,000 miles for a daily driver and I fell in love. I go by people in X- treme pickups and they almost wreck seeing an X-treme Blazer. Im glad to see positive feedback from other X- treme owners 'cus it sounds like other models are goofing up. I am in the process of supercharging my blazer for some extra fun & that extra Umph of pulling into traffic but it does great while stock. It has a nice smooth ride and great stock looks I would never change. All my friends tried to buy it the first time they saw it. Im only 21, but I know a good Chevy when I see one & this is definitely one of them. My Chevys have always ran good, even my 1950 Chevy runs like a top!!

Favorite Features

It has Comfey seats, a great sporty look, and I've amazed myself & others from what I can fit in the back. I haven't towed with it yet but I like having a hitch just in case.

Suggested Improvements

I maintain it with everything it needs when it needs it (sometimes before) but I still get poor gas mileage from time to time even with "babying" it. Its weird 'cus some weeks it does great even with the same driving pattern.

Good value, reliable all around Car.
By Whit

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car with 15k in '02. Now has 78k. Had a few issues, breaks, tie rods, wheel bearings front, gas fill issues and vapor recovery stuff, oh ya, tie rods, did I mention tie rods. Over all a good ride, and reliable 4 wheel drive that works easily. Would buy again for the price. My wife loves if for the dogs, and the very muddy roads in Maine.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, electric seat, tilt wheel, visibility, mirrors, fold down rear seat. Good 4 wheel drive, and ground clearance. Great V-6 engine, too bad they stopped making it.

Suggested Improvements

They don't make a small, S-10 vehicle any more. I get almost 18 miles per gallon in town and 22 on the highway. Great V-6 engine, have the same in my boat.