2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Piece of Junk
By Junky chevy owner on 01/30/07 13:32 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

What a piece of junk. Had nothing but problems with this truck. Transmission went at 55K, both door hinges had to be replaced, windows get stuck, never know when it's going to die on me.

Last GM for me
By j smith on 10/10/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

In the last 10 years I have bought 10 new GM cars or trucks, and I have owned 25 GM's in my life, This Blazer is the main reason I will no longer buy GM. It had two sections of the body repainted in the factoy. Can now be seen due to low clear coat mils that have lost their gloss and some over spray. When I reported the problem to GM, they told me the paint only had a 2 year warranty. It has what feels like an out of balance tire since day one that has never gone away no mater who or how offen the tires were balanced, same for the second set of tires. The seats will not stay locked down and will slide back and forth if gas or brakes are applied hard.

Blazers Are The Best
By Cus on 08/28/06 16:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Blazer for about 6 months now and it was my first car, and all I have to say is that I love it. It is a lot of fun to drive, but the fuel economy could be a little better. Overall, I think it's a awesome truck and very reliable.

Disappionted
By RKG on 05/16/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle when it was 9 months old with 17,000. The mileage is now 51,000. I have spent considerable amount of money on repairs. Too many things to list. Everytime I go in for an oil change, they find another $500 worth of stuff. I just spent another $868. This vehicle has not been used to tow anything or for off road. The gas mileage is terrible. I just filled up and checked and I am getting 15.5 mpg. The only reason I keep it is because it is paid for!

Not Bad For an American
By supersteff on 02/12/06 22:48 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used with about 172K, and the cars been a good experience after 206K. Great engine, provides lots of power, but could be better on acceleration(because of weight). Great on snow and ice, and very reliable for a north-american car. This car's never had any major problems, except the brakes and stereo. Exterior and Interior quality could be a bit better too. Interior plastic is flimsy and moves around very easily, while some of the trim on the exterior pulls off quite easily. All in all, not a bad truck for the every day driver who has to overcome some bad weather during the winter.

I Love my SUV
By M.H. on 01/03/06 10:47 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this with all the "bells and whistles" last month. No problems yet. I love it. Very comfortable, great power, and roomy. Exactly what we were looking for. I wanted a minivan and hubby wanted a pick up so this was the perfect compromise.

Great looks and practical
By Doron on 01/01/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really reliable, like most GM's. The 4.3 is plenty powerful to tow or for merging into traffic. The fuel economy isnt that bad either, I average 16-17 city and 20-22 highway with a heavy foot. Overall I am really happy with this truck and plan on keeping it a long time.

Able SUV
By andy on 12/22/05 01:15 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Blazer 2dr SUV is a tight, comfortable and able SUV for the money. It has a very able tow rating of 3500 lbs, comes with the factory hitch and plenty of horsepower to do the job. Even though my Blazer was purchased 4 years old it is still a very tight body with no wind noise and excellent handling.

It's alright
By nate on 11/15/05 00:11 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV TrailBlazer 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It's an alright truck all around but I still feel more comfortable driving an old beat up Civic. It doesnt feel stable off road and I'm constantly having mechanical issues with it but it does all that it's technically supposed to I guess.

Good? Bad?
By GMJohn on 11/02/05 22:55 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this lease return (Carfax Info) vehicle used about 2 1/2 years ago. Has been good second vehicle until recently with failure of lower ball joints and discovery that the "noise" in the back I have heard for last 5-6 months is apparently the carrier bearings in the rear end which resulted in early failure of entire rear end (estimate of $1200 +/-). It may be time for a replacement vehicle especially since mileage has always been about 17mpg highway.