Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

It is how it sounds!
By Supercharged Xtreme

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my X-treme in 2008 with 76,000 miles for a daily driver and I fell in love. I go by people in X- treme pickups and they almost wreck seeing an X-treme Blazer. Im glad to see positive feedback from other X- treme owners 'cus it sounds like other models are goofing up. I am in the process of supercharging my blazer for some extra fun & that extra Umph of pulling into traffic but it does great while stock. It has a nice smooth ride and great stock looks I would never change. All my friends tried to buy it the first time they saw it. Im only 21, but I know a good Chevy when I see one & this is definitely one of them. My Chevys have always ran good, even my 1950 Chevy runs like a top!!

Favorite Features

It has Comfey seats, a great sporty look, and I've amazed myself & others from what I can fit in the back. I haven't towed with it yet but I like having a hitch just in case.

Suggested Improvements

I maintain it with everything it needs when it needs it (sometimes before) but I still get poor gas mileage from time to time even with "babying" it. Its weird 'cus some weeks it does great even with the same driving pattern.

Great looks and practical
By Doron

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really reliable, like most GM's. The 4.3 is plenty powerful to tow or for merging into traffic. The fuel economy isnt that bad either, I average 16-17 city and 20-22 highway with a heavy foot. Overall I am really happy with this truck and plan on keeping it a long time.

Favorite Features

Looks great and very reliable.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Chevy's ruining a good thing
By Spaznoids

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Plastic vibrating sounds whenever you hit the smallest of potholes, a huge hump across the passenger side floorboard, sluggish pickup (my wifes 2003 sunfire out excelerates the blazer), and not to mention this hideous popping and grinding sound that comes from the front wheels when you turn the wheel all the way one direction or the other. It's a shame Chevy just throws things together anymore.

Favorite Features

Sound system, exterior look

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials, stronger suspension (700 pound payload won't even carry four 200 pound men) better fuel mileage, and some more get up and go. Thought the EXTREME would turn out to be more than just a fizzle and pop.

Alright, but don't run and buy one
By HipHop

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

3 people I know bought blazers within 3 monthes of getting this one, all three have had the exact same problems at the exact same mileage meaning the overall quality is terrible, the ride is too stiff for as bad as the truck handles - all the interior pieces rattle when you drive anywhere - can get beat (speed wise) by most any car on the road

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY, Better suspension package, AWD w/ turbo would be nice, better resale

xtrem blazer
By xtremblazer

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

it has a good system for it to be stock and it has very good styling it is a very good car and is actually preaty fast and it is not hard to find performence part for it

Suggested Improvements

i think it should come with a supercharger