2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
It is how it sounds!
By Supercharged Xtreme on 04/29/09 01:16 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my X-treme in 2008 with 76,000 miles for a daily driver and I fell in love. I go by people in X- treme pickups and they almost wreck seeing an X-treme Blazer. Im glad to see positive feedback from other X- treme owners 'cus it sounds like other models are goofing up. I am in the process of supercharging my blazer for some extra fun & that extra Umph of pulling into traffic but it does great while stock. It has a nice smooth ride and great stock looks I would never change. All my friends tried to buy it the first time they saw it. Im only 21, but I know a good Chevy when I see one & this is definitely one of them. My Chevys have always ran good, even my 1950 Chevy runs like a top!!

Great looks and practical
By Doron on 01/01/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really reliable, like most GM's. The 4.3 is plenty powerful to tow or for merging into traffic. The fuel economy isnt that bad either, I average 16-17 city and 20-22 highway with a heavy foot. Overall I am really happy with this truck and plan on keeping it a long time.

Chevy's ruining a good thing
By Spaznoids on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Plastic vibrating sounds whenever you hit the smallest of potholes, a huge hump across the passenger side floorboard, sluggish pickup (my wifes 2003 sunfire out excelerates the blazer), and not to mention this hideous popping and grinding sound that comes from the front wheels when you turn the wheel all the way one direction or the other. It's a shame Chevy just throws things together anymore.

Alright, but don't run and buy one
By HipHop on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

3 people I know bought blazers within 3 monthes of getting this one, all three have had the exact same problems at the exact same mileage meaning the overall quality is terrible, the ride is too stiff for as bad as the truck handles - all the interior pieces rattle when you drive anywhere - can get beat (speed wise) by most any car on the road

xtrem blazer
By xtremblazer on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

it has a good system for it to be stock and it has very good styling it is a very good car and is actually preaty fast and it is not hard to find performence part for it

Finally a fun Chevy
By Hexxman on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned ours since they first launch and have had very little concerns. Fun to drive and still gets looks from those of all ages.

Chevy Wins Again
By Huryinhawks on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Don't be swayed by people who say "they don't like their Blazer" They are few and far between. I am 31 years old and my wife and i leased our 2001 white Xtreme Blazer. The only time we had to take it in to the shop was when the brake light switch went out, they had a recall and it was fixed. This is a great vehicle and we will most defintely buy another one when this lease is up, its nice seeing kids and grown adults admiring your vehicle when your out and about.

XTREME TRUCKIN WAY TO GO!
By MFMISFITS on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am like any 20 year old kid. I want something that has the look and also responds when you step on the gas. I needed something that could get out of its own way. This was the truck I wanted. i just didnt want the 4 door. (not cool to have a 4 door at 20) So when the xtreme came out i was thrilled. I saved up as much money as i could and bought one. It is the best investment that i have made so far.