Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Last GM for me
By j smith

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

In the last 10 years I have bought 10 new GM cars or trucks, and I have owned 25 GM's in my life, This Blazer is the main reason I will no longer buy GM. It had two sections of the body repainted in the factoy. Can now be seen due to low clear coat mils that have lost their gloss and some over spray. When I reported the problem to GM, they told me the paint only had a 2 year warranty. It has what feels like an out of balance tire since day one that has never gone away no mater who or how offen the tires were balanced, same for the second set of tires. The seats will not stay locked down and will slide back and forth if gas or brakes are applied hard.

None

Learn how work with customers when they ask for help. I would still buy GM's if they has worked with me to iron out the problems.

Able SUV
By andy

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Blazer 2dr SUV is a tight, comfortable and able SUV for the money. It has a very able tow rating of 3500 lbs, comes with the factory hitch and plenty of horsepower to do the job. Even though my Blazer was purchased 4 years old it is still a very tight body with no wind noise and excellent handling.

Powerful v-6, nice stereo, great looks, nice interior

Ride could be a little softer

Chevrolet Blazer
By Pam Watts

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems with the suspension on this vehicle. It was put in the shop two different times, for a week each time. Problem never corrected. Struts and shocks were replaced, but htis wasn't the problem. Vehicle creaks and squeaks when you hit any type of irregularity in the road. Sounds like the chassis will come apart, also embarrasing. Mechanics say they can't find the problem. Out of warrenty now.