Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Best Car Ever
By Benni Copelin

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been one of the most reliable cars I have driven. It has gotten me where I want to go and it's a fun ride. In the last several years I have replaced a
few parts, like a starter and a fuel pump and spark plugs. But it drives smoothly and is very comfortable. I feel safe. The amazing thing is this car has never burned oil and I have lots of miles on it. This 2001 Blazer has a well built engine. I have hauled stuff with it and taken it out in the field to drag brush. It cleans up real nice and is a pretty car. I'm gonna be sad when I have to finally replace my Blazer. One of the best cars I have owned.

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - 5 Lemon rating
By Mike B

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new and replaced entire fuel system within the first year. Belt squall almost from day 1 that nobody has been able to fix. Too many major engine repairs early in life of the vehicle and too many parts wore out long before they ought to have. Not one of Chevrolet's best efforts

BLAZER XTREME
By Lazaro

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2001 blazer xtreme in 2005 with 55,000 miles which i still own (176,000 miles now). I loved my blazer since day 1 and have to say it, I took my brother's 2013 honda civic to Santa Cruz and is this thing as fun to drive as my xtreme, NOT even close. For a chassis used for decades by GM on their blazer it is a outstanding small sporty SUV. Ones again, super fun to drive.

Best vehicle ever owned - still love it!
By Linda

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV TrailBlazer 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this 2001 Blazer with the special Trailblazer trim package in 2003 (as the 2nd owner) with 40,000 miles on it and have had it ever since. For our other vehicle, we've gone through many other vehicles but can't part with this one because of how dependable and reliable it has been. With only routine maintenance expenses, it has 218,000 miles and is still going strong. I hear so many horror stories about the newer vehicles and am thankful I've stayed with my trustworthy Blazer. The leather still looks great for it's age and I've never had a crack in the dash or anywhere else for that matter. Can't say enough good things about what a dependable vehicle it has been over these past 13 years.

Love my truck
By kp6921

2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is amazing. My family first bought it in 2007, and I am the third person within my family to own it. 14 years old, 114k on it and not many major problems. We had to replace the radiator a few years back, and I recently had to fix the rear axle seal (leaking), however that's it over 8 years of ownership. The handling of this truck is amazing, so much fun to drive around in. Great in the snow, comes with electronic shifter for 4 wheel drive, HI and LO options. Gas mileage is actually not that bad, I can get about 20 mph highway, but city is probably around 14. 2 door is more attractive than 4 door. I'd recommend this truck to anyone.

Sun roof, 4X4, rear hatch and bed