2001 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

LT 4dr SUV (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
best vehicle ive ever own
By tmmmsguy on 10/19/14 10:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Chevrolet blazer Lt fully loaded last year with income taxes and have yet to regret buying the truck only problem i have had out of it was the alternator went out last winter. the blazer is a good safe dependable truck that is fun comfortable easy to get in and out can fit friends that are 6'3" and my father that was 5"11" 250+ with plenty of comfort room for them. the specs say i should average roughly 19 mpg's but I've never seen less than averaging roughly 20 mpg with it except for moving 300+ miles with a loaded down u haul trailer that made the back end drop 2" in pouring down rain handled the ice that we had last year without a problem on the highway and in town.

The Worst Vehicle I've Owned For Sure
By G-Man on 01/09/09 21:23 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Within 75k miles had the following issues: Door pins and hinges went bad. Right hub went bad. Transfer case leaks. Radiator blew. Head gesket went with it (never even got above 220). Passenger seat handle broke twice. Had to replace fuel injectors. Fuel pump is making noise. No I'm not dumping anymore money into this hunk of junk! A piece of junk! I would never buy a a Chevrolet again!

Black TB
By Trailblazer 3221 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Quirky driver window. Has been fixed 3 times. Will go down and stay there until it is ready go come back up. Transmission LOUSY reverse. Steep grades have required the use of 4wd LOW to move vehicle. Fuel guage quirky will show empty when 1/2 full at times.

Great Price and Value SUV
By GONE_FISHIN' on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have used my Blazer extensively pulling my bassboat. It has been dependable with no major work. The 4.3L engine is smooth and the vehicle is very quiet at all speeds. Long trips make this SUV shine with comfort! I most enjoy loading it with camping/fishing gear and get outta' town.

Decent car for the money
By ohiocpa on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is primarily my wife's car, and she really likes it. It's a decent SUV for the money, but has a few annoying rattles. Also, on the 2WD model, the wheels are closer together giving it a more wobbly feeling around curves or over bumpy road. Great towing power for a midsize SUV. We tow our 24' boat with no problems.