Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Best vehicle ever owned - still love it!
By Linda

2001 Chevrolet Blazer TrailBlazer 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this 2001 Blazer with the special Trailblazer trim package in 2004 (as the 2nd owner) with 40,000 miles on it and have had it ever since. For our other vehicle, we've gone through many other vehicles but can't part with this one because of how dependable and reliable it has been. With only routine maintenance expenses, it has 212,000 miles and is still going strong. I hear so many horror stories about the newer vehicles and am thankful I've stayed with my trustworthy Blazer. The leather still looks great for it's age and I've never had a crack in the dash or anywhere else for that matter. Can't say enough good things about what a workhorse it has been over the years.

Love my truck
By kp6921

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is amazing. My family first bought it in 2007, and I am the third person within my family to own it. 14 years old, 114k on it and not many major problems. We had to replace the radiator a few years back, and I recently had to fix the rear axle seal (leaking), however that's it over 8 years of ownership. The handling of this truck is amazing, so much fun to drive around in. Great in the snow, comes with electronic shifter for 4 wheel drive, HI and LO options. Gas mileage is actually not that bad, I can get about 20 mph highway, but city is probably around 14. 2 door is more attractive than 4 door. I'd recommend this truck to anyone.

Sun roof, 4X4, rear hatch and bed

best vehicle ive ever own
By tmmmsguy

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Chevrolet blazer Lt fully loaded last year with income taxes and have yet to regret buying the truck only problem i have had out of it was the alternator went out last winter. the blazer is a good safe dependable truck that is fun comfortable easy to get in and out can fit friends that are 6'3" and my father that was 5"11" 250+ with plenty of comfort room for them. the specs say i should average roughly 19 mpg's but I've never seen less than averaging roughly 20 mpg with it except for moving 300+ miles with a loaded down u haul trailer that made the back end drop 2" in pouring down rain handled the ice that we had last year without a problem on the highway and in town.

my favorite features would have to be that its an small suv with a great amount of space inside havent found anything that i cant haul in it great on gas doesnt have many problems come up like many vehicles comfortable to be in with 5 hour trips back home to see family

only area that i could see possible improvemnt is the cargo shade how it latches while closed tends to pop open on rough highway or roads.

JUST SAY NO !!!
By memphis815

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle i have ever owned... every year you can count on replacing the fuel pump.. if you own one of these do yourself a favor and buy the replacement fuel pump with a lifetime warranty ... it helps cut the cost down later. then you only have to pay to have the new one installed. i cant keep wheel bearings in it.. the longest it has gone is 15 months between replacements ..rear brakes calipers lock up.. was to that this is happens a lot because they use cheaper aluminum calipers and they tend to go out. once you replace the factory junk ones it seems to fix that problem.. it has a strange problem with constant misfires causing check engine light to come on. that's not all.

easy to find parts... junkyards are full of these.

Not impressed
By frederick87

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2001 Blazer for about 2 years and I can honestly say that it has been a money pit. I've spent over $2,000 in repairs, it is definitely a maintenance item. The GM Dex-coolant clogged the heater core and radiator. I had to replace the radiator and hoses at about 120k. The engine is powerful but sluggish, the tranny slips, the door pins and hinges took a crap this winter, the four-wheel drive no longer works, the ABS and o2 sensors are notorious failures, the car is prone to electronic issues, and the gas mileage is similar to a full size truck. Car handles poorly, the interior plastic rattles, driver door panel is barely hanging on, and the ride is pretty rough.

At least the car has been comfortable, although it's a bumpy ride. It's sporty and it is what it is; A cheap 4x4. It's a good beater rig. the 4.3 liter Vortec engine is reliable.

Get a Jeep Cherokee.