Beware!
By jake118 on
2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD
These cars are great to use as stunt vehicles to be driven off a cliff and explode on impact. If there was a trophy for the junkiest cars on the market, these would be among the top competitors. I have owned 3 GM vehicles, and after going through numerous adventures I can honestly say that GM builds their cars specifically to break down in various places over and over again, so the owner would be obliged to have it fixed repeatedly. This probably keeps the gm business somewhat afloat through the money invested into parts and labor. for anyone who wants to avoid headaches and frustration, buy Japanese cars that have proven themselves Reliable, Efficient, and Long-lasting,you will be happier
Favorite Features
The only strong point in these cars I have seen is good engines and transmissions, they seem to last and not degrade over time. The interior is also somewhat comfortable. But these are not worth the trouble that one will have with all the other parts of this car.
Suggested Improvements
If I wanted to explain all the problems I have faced I would need to write a novel, but briefly put: from fuel pumps replaced, catalytic converters, fuel intake systems, cooler lines, Radiator leaks, Repetitive brake,ball joint, axle and bearing problems, electric malfuntions of power windows and mirrors. Numerous minor detail issues that will drive you Nuts, such as door hinges breaking and fuel gauge going bad, or the seat adjustment level coming off and leaving your seat unadjustable. All these minor problems require money and time to fix. and it really tells you how little GM is concerned for building quality, they rather wanna make profits.
By kandis67
on 01/05/14 16:11 PM (PST)

I second every word, 100%