2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: Love my Blazer

2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

Love my Blazer
By Jason on

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used, now have 78,000 miles on it and still love it. Had one major problem with it, the heater core went out in the dead of winter. I live in the Pacific Northwest so, it wasn't very fun. Core was replaced under warranty. Love the engine! Has great power and love the exhaust note! Heated leather seats are awesome and the memory feature is great. Driven it on quite a few road trips and it's very comfortable. Rides and handles nicely, I always feel safe. On the few times I've had to engage the 4X4, it worked just like it should. Felt really surefooted in the snow this winter. Gas mileage is fine, I'm not expecting high numbers, it's a 4X4. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, power heated leather seats (driver & passenger), memory driver seats. I like the way it looks on the outside, very attractive. I can't say enough about the engine. It's quiet at cruising speeds but sounds mean and has all the power I need when I punch it.

Suggested Improvements

It's a little small. I used to drive an Explorer. The Explorer felt larger. Also, the addition of a five speed auto transmission would be nice. And lastly, bigger cup holders. With the rubber grips in them, you can't put anything larger than a can in them. And the rubber grips come out easily.