2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Lotta issues but I still

2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

Lotta issues but I still love it
By xray25 on

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This Blazer ZR2 was my first SUV, I loved it at first and still enjoy driving it, I just wish it was more reliable. I bought the truck with 111,000 and have put 63,000 on it. Trying to count the times it has left me out in the cold...I think at least 4 times. This truck has many issues. A rust hole I can stick my fist through, the gas gauge, CD player, seat handles, have never worked. I have replaced the catalytic converter, wheel bearings, intake gasket, PCV valve, alternator, radiator....the distributor corrodes so I must replace it every 6 months. More rattles than you can count on both feet....but a great backup vehicle nonetheless. Hate to sell it, Love me Blazer!

Favorite Features

Outstanding 4x4 capability, incredibly fun to drive offroad and in snow! 19- 20 mpg w the 5spd, bright red exterior style is still stylish, ease of entry, decent-low-end torque, and decent passing power. has seen better days, but is still a great beater 4x4!!!

Suggested Improvements

I guess there's not much to be said, they don't make this truck anymore. But I would say the area most needing improvement is reliability.