Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Reliable but always dumb problems
By Alex

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the Blazer when it was 4 years old and had 64000 miles. It ran good, but within one month, I brought it in for a new exhaust system, o2 sensor, fuel injection system, and transmission issues. Since then, I have brought it to the dealership on three different occassions which needed to have other mechanical parts replaced. No major issues but many minor problematic parts have had to be replaced. Buy an extended warranty if you get one because these will use it up. Otherwise, the SUV rides decent and has always been dependable as it always starts and has never leaked fluid.

Heated leather seats with the LT trim are excellent in the cold of winter. Also has driver info display which is good for determining mileage and when to fill up.

Suspension weak, constantly needs to be fixed. Terrible gas mileage.

I'm iffy on this one
By Fred

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

When I first bought it - I was excited to have an SUV becasue of the space (I upgraded from a '92 Cavalier) But from the start I had problems getting it started (which turned out to be a fuel pump issue that we figured out 3 years later). I, like a lot of other people on here, had fuel gauge problems, even after the pump got fixed - and I replaced the wheel bearings and ball joints twice! Gas mileage stinks - even for an SUV - and it doesn't really handle that well. I was always replacing brakes and rotors -and the spare tire blocking all the rear visibilty was brutal. If you are not in 4WD, it's terrible in the snow - and even in 4WD it's marginal at best.

Privacy glass, 4WD, space

I'm glad they discontinued this model. But I'm kind of soured on the whole Chevy experience now, even though that was my third. I'm going Hynudai or Honda.

Only Americants for me
By My Country, My Truck

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

90,000 miles and still going strong. Blazer has some competion though, my 86 S-10 is still going at 175,000 miles. I wanted a full size truck but will be happy hauling the family, plowing through the snow and pulling the camper with this little powerhouse ... for now. Of course gas mileage isn't as good as my Cavalier. It's a truck. Even if I could get 50 mpg I sure I would want 51. Fuel pump went out, 1 rear speaker and passenger seat lever went out. All three under warranty. Nice to see GM has increased warranty to 5 years/100,000 miles. Must be pretty confidant.

American car manufactured by an American company by American workers. Comfort, bdy style, workhorse.

Gas mileage of course. Armor paint. Paint didn't stand up to my 3 year old and her rock.

Good so far
By Dbinie

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had good luck with this vehicle. Gas mileage has been less than expected. I average about 15 MPG town or highway. Hood cable and passenger reclining handle broke but from reading the reviews I am not the only one with these problems. A little rough on the off road travel but it gets the job done. I think that it is a great vehicle for the price.

Auto 4WD, works great when it is icy here and there

Interior has too much plastic

Lora's
By Lora

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

A very nice vehicle for 4 people. Handles well, but ride a little rough. Transmission went out approx. 68,000m. Then driver power window motor stopped working. 114,000 heater has stopped working. I enjoy this vehicle. I got a lot better gas mileage with a K & N air filter.

Handling, comfort, attractive.

Better transmission and a little smoother ride.