Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Loved this car
By Aaron

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

This car drove great. Was my first car, got about 18 to 20 MPG city/highway. Only problem I ever had was the stupid seat recline handle but GM has a metal one for $15 and that one worked great. I was in a crash in October, I had new tires put on and one wasn't secured right by the mechanic and it broke free, the rear tire then blew, I went throght a wall and 2 trees before stopping on the third, this car saved my life. Drives really well, interior is very durable, 5 16 year olds couldn't destroy it so its very good. I would highly recomend this SUV.

Loud radio, sunroof, cruise control, DRLs, and reliable engine.

Improve the seat recline handle and you have a flawless car.

Maintenance not worth the price
By ed

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

Drives like a bad truck. Didn't hit 20,000 before repair costs started hitting. Now at 45,000 miles replaced axles, replaced wheel bearings, replaced CV boots, replaced blower motor, replaced intake manifold, replaced alternator and battery. Front differential fluid leak, oil leak. Driver's side door squeaks. Avoid this car, unless you're buying my used one.

4 wheel drive

2000 Red Chevy Blazer
By kmax89

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The car has been a great one so far. The only compaints I have are the excessive engine noise and how ruff is shifts at first. The gas mileage hasn't been too bad but could be a little better for just a midsize SUV.

Leather seats, sunroof, and all power accessories.

Smoother engine, better handling

I am very pleased with my ZR2
By J Ryan

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I really have nothing bad to say about the ZR2. It is everything I had expected it to be. It's an SUV so the gas mileage won't be the greatest, I, along with other reviewers have had gas gauge problems but as long as I count the mileage I know how much gas is in the tank. I have had to replace the ball joints on each side, and put new brakes 2 years ago. Other than that I haven't had a problem with the truck. It just turned over 100,000 miles, a couple years ago I saw a Ford F-250 stuck on a guys lawn trying to pull out his tractor that was on a Big Tex Trailer. I asked him if he needed any help and my Blazer pulled both the truck and the Big Tex(with tractor on it) right out of the mud.

Everything

Make the seat adustment handles better so that they don't break off.

Reliable but always dumb problems
By Alex

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the Blazer when it was 4 years old and had 64000 miles. It ran good, but within one month, I brought it in for a new exhaust system, o2 sensor, fuel injection system, and transmission issues. Since then, I have brought it to the dealership on three different occassions which needed to have other mechanical parts replaced. No major issues but many minor problematic parts have had to be replaced. Buy an extended warranty if you get one because these will use it up. Otherwise, the SUV rides decent and has always been dependable as it always starts and has never leaked fluid.

Heated leather seats with the LT trim are excellent in the cold of winter. Also has driver info display which is good for determining mileage and when to fill up.

Suspension weak, constantly needs to be fixed. Terrible gas mileage.