2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
2000 Blazer LT Hi-Mile
By mjvaca on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Reliable as they get, 90K miles and the factory brakes are still 50%. Rides a little rough but the suspension seems longlasting. Heating cooling electrical are all trouble free. LT model has power everything and leather. Maintance is minimal and I do it myself.The price was right and I think it will last a while longer

Its a TRUCK!!!
By mtpd51 on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Rides like truck, drives like a truck, must be a truck. Nice size for long trips, with decent gas mileage. If you want great gas milage buy a Honda. During 6 month ownership A/C compressor replaced under warranty, front ball joints replaced under warranty, oil coolant lines replaced under warranty, ignition harness replaced under warranty. Its a used car with 40k on it. I paid less than half for a new one, with an extended warranty lasting as long as a new car warranty does. For the $15,000 I saved I bought a boat!

Wish Ford made Something this Cool
By Wish it was a FORD on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Ive had my blazer about 5 months, and purchased it with 38000 miles on it. I had it less than 2 hours when a friend broke the seat recliner off when trying to get to the back seat. I love the ZR2 even though the ride is that of a F- 350. rough, and loud. when it comes to actual function im not as enthusiastic. The HEAVY spare tire mount has no re- enforcement so the second you dont latch it all the way and the wind blows...... 2 HUGE dents. The plastic on the seat is something you constanly bump entering and exiting the vehical... Mine is broken.... Overall, i wish ford made something that looked as cool in a small SUV.

Mmmmm, ball joints!!
By Robin Masters on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

If you would like to own a Chevrolet Blazer, prepare to set up a special savings account for the purchase of replacement ball joints. These things love em! And no I do not go off road and/or drive this vehicle hard at all. I had a 91 previously, and it was the same way. Every 5 to 10 thousand miles it needed ball joints, and a tailpipe.

Never Another Blazer
By julie on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the 2nd Blazer, also had one Tahoe, and all consistent. One bad transmission after another. So bad,can't depend on it for long distance driving. Completely fed up. Having to rebuild transmission multiple times before 3 yrs is, well, there just aren't words. Was also backed into by a little Rav4, Blazer had extensize damage, $4000+. Going shopping for a Toyota.

Guess I got lucky.
By FuzzyWuzzy on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I have had this vehicle for 3.5 yrs now, and it has 84k miles on it. Up to this point, I have had no major work performed aside from standard maintainance. The levers for both seats did break off and I had a few fuses blow for the power windows. A bit of an inconvenience, but nothing that wasn't easily remedied. The blind spots are aweful, and the suspension is terrible. There is a lot of rattling and the spare tire is positioned terribly. Pretty poor design and not that great of a ride. I'm just glad I got one of the good ones.

ZR2
By snowbird on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

My wife's Blazer and she likes sitting up high and the wide wheel base. Goes great in the snow. 20,000 miles and in the shop for the first time for back side windows leaking.

Another Typical GM product
By Capt. Jack on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this with 26,000 miles on it and 100,000 miles later... A transmission both wheel bearings Drivers Seat Adj Handle Power Window - Drivers side And now a constant check engine Light It's shot, GM / Chevy makes a cheap vehicle and like anything in life you get what you pay for. My next vehicle will be a foreign built, non union, quality built vehicle.

Buyer Beware!
By Alias Username on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Don't buy one. The Dex-Cool Antifreeze that is required if you don't want to void the warranty causes premature engine failure by eroding the seals at around 60,000 miles. If you don't get the extended warranty this damage will cost you thousands for a new motor! The front wheel bearings also tend to go bad early. Check consumer websites before you buy.

Enjoying my Blazer!
By Dove on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I am totally enjoying this SUV. It's a little rougher ride than my Toyota Avalon XLS, but rides more like a true truck. Fun to drive! Just enough room for two growing kids. GREAT IN THE SNOW!! A little noisy on the freeways. Not overwhelming for a first time SUV owner. Overall, very please with the Blazer.