Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Love my Blazer
By swanithan

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second SUV and I love this one. I owned a 96 Explorer before my Blazer. I wish my Blazer was the same size as the Explorer. I also wish my Blazer had rear air like the Explorer did. I love the 4.3L V6! Tons of power and revs almost to redline. I've never wished for more power. The dash color is not very pretty and I don't like the hump in the passenger foot well for the transfer case. Not alot of rear legroom behind me, I'm 6ft tall. Love everything else about the inside of my Blazer. Adore the heated seats and the seat memory feature. Only problem I had was the heater core went out, it was replaced under warranty. Gas mileage is fine, I didn't buy it for the mileage. Great 4X4!

Engine,exhaust note. It sounds great when I start it up. Heated seats, sunroof, memory seat. Great and versatile 4X4 system. Both auto 4x4 and full time 4x4. Drove it in ice and snow and have never had a problem. I was a shuttle for my co-workers last winter.

Rear heat/air vents. More rear leg room, but that problem was solved with the Trailblazer.

Overall pretty satisfied
By LEDOUX

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

First day I bought this SUV alternator went... it was covered by the dealership so didnt have to pay out of my own pocket. Bought this SUV with 79,000 miles after about 10,000 miles front right tire fell right off while driving due to trashed wheel bearing. ABS/brake lights always on even after replacing brakes. Strong engine great 4WD... I have the ZR2 version, love the raised suspension and big tires... lots of space behind 2nd row seats. Enough room for a 15 inch kicker in a 36 inch box.

CD player, auto door locks n windows...great during our Boston winters had no problem trucking through 3 ft of snow on 4WD Low. easy to switch from 2WD to 4WD. Comfortable interior. Very tinted windows.

Gas mileage about 12 in city 17 highway. more advanced brake systems/wheel bearings... no visibility out of back window or back side windows. Wish it was alittle more reliable

Loved this car
By Aaron

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

This car drove great. Was my first car, got about 18 to 20 MPG city/highway. Only problem I ever had was the stupid seat recline handle but GM has a metal one for $15 and that one worked great. I was in a crash in October, I had new tires put on and one wasn't secured right by the mechanic and it broke free, the rear tire then blew, I went throght a wall and 2 trees before stopping on the third, this car saved my life. Drives really well, interior is very durable, 5 16 year olds couldn't destroy it so its very good. I would highly recomend this SUV.

Loud radio, sunroof, cruise control, DRLs, and reliable engine.

Improve the seat recline handle and you have a flawless car.

Maintenance not worth the price
By ed

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

Drives like a bad truck. Didn't hit 20,000 before repair costs started hitting. Now at 45,000 miles replaced axles, replaced wheel bearings, replaced CV boots, replaced blower motor, replaced intake manifold, replaced alternator and battery. Front differential fluid leak, oil leak. Driver's side door squeaks. Avoid this car, unless you're buying my used one.

4 wheel drive

2000 Red Chevy Blazer
By kmax89

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The car has been a great one so far. The only compaints I have are the excessive engine noise and how ruff is shifts at first. The gas mileage hasn't been too bad but could be a little better for just a midsize SUV.

Leather seats, sunroof, and all power accessories.

Smoother engine, better handling