2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Pretty good overall
By carlcaver on 05/16/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

70,000 miles and going strong. It's used daily for work, is great in the snow, and very good offroad also. Front balljoints had to be replaced after the VERY rough winter and many potholes, but this was understandable (we hit quite a few hard bangers!). Some rattles on very rough roads, but no other real problems. Overall I like this vehicle very much. It has been very practical and reliable, for everyday use and very long trips, including a cross country expedition. Those who complain and say their next vehicle will be some foreign made thing must have an anti-American made vehicle bias, because there is nothing with this vehicle that would cause such disgust.

Not worth the $$$
By KO on 04/21/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Blazer with about 20K miles on it. Within 4 months, things started failing. The washer pump is out and has a leak. The transmission is slipping and the motor is very weak with a lot of dead spots in the acceleration. This will be the last Chevy for me. The quality has dropped dramatically in the last few years.

Overall Good Small Suv
By scarnips on 02/09/05 13:29 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this suv used a year and a half ago with 53,000 miles. I've had no problems so far. I have the ZR2 package and the truck is great in the snow. It handles well off-road for a smaller SUV. Minor problems are the factory speakers and plastic. The rear window latch squeaks from wear on the the latch bar, but if you wrap the latch bar with some tape it goes away. Gas mileage is not the best but it's an SUV not a Toyota. Overall I'm pleased with the Blazer.

Happy with my truck
By vince427 on 01/21/05 17:43 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned this vehicle since October 2000 and am very happy with it. I purchased it with the OEM towing package, but haven't needed to use it. The 4x4 works well in the Long Island winter (as well as in Westchester!) The only problem I encountered was needing to replace the rotors after 25K miles (but I'm in a lot of stop and go traffic)

Another TrailBlazer? Just maybe
By Robie on 01/21/05 10:44 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

53,000 trouble free miles. Economical to drive, comfortable. Leather, CD, wished I had a sunroof. Will probably get a Tahoe next cause I need the vehicle to be a little larger for long trips that I take.

Stay Away from Blazer
By edhall20 on 12/23/04 11:59 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought my 4WD 2000 LS Blazer brand new, and didn't have any problems until about 25,000 miles. Now it seems like it's falling apart. Just got a quote for $2400 to fix the door hindges and pins, replace a leaking oil line, and fix the ball joint on all the tires. Apparently the tires were in danger of falling off!! This seems ridiculous for a 4 year old car with only 30,000 miles on it. Oh yeah forgot to mention that it needed a whole new computer system (whatever that is), and needs a new sending unit for the gas tank. That's right, we have no idea how much gas is left in it. I'm now thinking of trading it in.

Hardware and chassis problem 2000 Blazer
By Allan Husband on 12/08/04 09:46 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

Purchased this 2000 Blazer in 12-2002 with 39800 miles. Have experience excessive chassis wear (idler arm replacement, lower ball joints replaced, and poor quality hardware (door hinges needed repair, passenger seat recliner release broke off. In addition, the turn signal, cruise, windshield wiper control on the steering column failed causing failure of the turn signals( a $250 repair). In addition, the brake rotors needed to be machine due to warping and the catalytic converter needed to be replaced. All of these repairs were made since I bought the vehicle. The current mileage is only 58000. This vehicle get absolutely no off-road, or commercial use.

High maintenance like all pretty ones
By Chad on 12/03/04 01:25 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car used in 2002 with 28,000 on it. We just hit 85,000 and so far we needed; transmission, fuel pump, climate control, upper and lower ball joints, rear wiper motor and defrost lines, and we had to have the 4x4 replaced. However, this was all under an extended warranty. That said, the cars been offroading once or twice and is sometimes driven hard. The 2000 trailblazer is the most comfortable, attractive SUV on the planet. White with the gold package and 2 tone leather, you feel like a celebrity. Excellent on road ride, and incredibly capable off road/in snow (Fantastic in snow!). And the interior is incredibly comfortable. Worth the hassle, I love this truck.

2000 Chev Blazer 4-DR LS
By Glensab on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

Good fuel economy for a mid-sized SUV. V6 is a bit underpowered for it's 5000- lb towing rating. Avoid premium or standard suspension as handling is sub- par. Recommend upgrading to touring suspension and going with a vehicle that has the OEM towing package as it handles much better. Few quality/reliability issues experienced in 85K miles.

only American built for me.
By msnyder on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Took delivery 12-99. Most problems have been on the quirky side. Door weather strips, passenger seat handle, drivers door bushings have been replaced. Only major expense at 57,000 miles so far has been the fuel pump. I love extended warranty coverage. Backseat might be a little tight for three growing kids. Over all a good buy. Will keep until we outgrow it. Even then it might hang around as a second car. By that time my 86 S-10 with 170,000 miles might be ready for retirement.