2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Incredibly Average
By MyothercarisanF-18 on 01/18/06 10:28 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Cars like the Blazer make me consider buying an import. Design is mundane, and at times poorly thought out- i.e. spare tire on 2DR either obstructs rear visibility or eats up too much cargo room. The car has required quite a bit of repair work for light duty use and consistent preventative maintenance. Brakes have twice required major work; I've replaced a couple of bearings, and installed new door hinges to keep it from leaking. There are numerous other "minor" problems, such as a defective fuel guage that I've just decided to live because of their cost to repair. Bottom line: the Blazer is a reasonably priced SUV, but low expectations are the key to avoiding dissapointment.

Skeptical at first but then...
By sjk on 12/30/05 16:36 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this car after a few years with a sports sedan. Obviously lacking in power and acceleration but wins you over with its comfort and smoothness. I drive long to work and back and this car allows me to kick back and enjoy at least 2-3 hours of my day. Fully loaded doesn't miss anything except a navigation system and perhaps a remote starter. Love this vehicle even though at first I was very skeptical about buying it. Good choice for a first- time SUV buyer.

My Blazer
By Nicole on 11/12/05 11:28 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car expecting to get the best and that is exactly what i have gotten. The only thing I have replaced is the altenator which happens in most vehicles in their lifetime. My Blazer is gettting high in mileage but I wouldn't dream of trading it in. This is one very happy customer!!

Proud to be a Blazer owner
By Blue Devil on 11/08/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased it this past week end its a great truck and anyone considering it should look for a low mileage example, which had been taken car of, mine is one of these and it runs great great pick up and go, 4x4 system easy to use, love the compass and temp. display as well as the overhead console. It is a great vehicle that when properly maintained will last a long time

Black Beauty
By marty on 08/21/05 12:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

I bought this Blazer mainly because my wife broke her wrist and couldn't shift her Grand Am..(She likes to shift) We both drove the car since we've had it. She likes it, with the exception of the many blind spots this vehicle has. I enjoyed driving it and loved the Acceleration the 4.3 6 cylinder has compared to my 2.2 S-10. The car is a 2 dr with a black exterior. It reminds me of a Lexus wagon...has those same kinda lines. I have had many people say: That sure is a sharp Blazer." Mileage isn't anywhere near the Grand Am 4 cyl or the S-10 4 cyl. This Black Beauty get at most 17 around out suburban area and maybe 23 on the highway. It's a nice SUV.

2000 blazer
By lavanah on 08/15/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

It is in the shop for a lot of repairs. Bells and whistles means there is a lot to break. The tranny is gone at 113,000 and I have a porous engine block.

5 1/2 yrs with a Chevy Blazer
By steve on 08/06/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

This car has performed well and has been a solid purchase since late 1999. I recommend it for family car with 4 or less people.

No more Blazers for me!
By Maureen on 07/30/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Perhaps we should have not leased this vehicle for 5 years, but the reliability as well as mechanical functions are starting to fail. The vehicle will shift itself into 4 wheel drive. We have had it in for service for this, and the dealer cannot find the reason why it is doing this. The front brakes especially are awful, and they have had to be replaced way too often. I don't drive a lot of miles to work, or drive the vehicle a lot in general. Not a lot of excess wear and tear to explain the need for the brakes to be replaced as frequently as they have been. And gas mileage is terrible. My hubby's F-150 gets better gas mileage than the Blazer does. A lot of squeaks and rattles while driving.

ZR2, all the options
By laner on 06/03/05 10:07 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had the Blazer for 3 months now, and it's everything I expected and more. It's fun to drive, and the highway mileage is above 20mpg. I love being able to have the rear seats down for easy storage. Of course there's wear and tear, and parts to buy, but it's an SUV. It's kind of expected.

Disappointed
By disappointed cunsum on 05/18/05 16:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

When we bought ours, it had 52000 miles on it. It was great for a little while, then the transmission went bad (reverse). At 76,000miles, the radiator needed to be backflushed. The front wheel bearings went at 80,000 miles. A rear axle noise started at 81,000. The axle seals were bad when we got it. The rear u-joint was replaced at 60,000. Also had some other minor problems. I would probably never buy another one. I love Chevy, but don't care for the Blazer at all. At least not this one!