Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

I love my Blazer
By paulahall

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I love this SUV. I have had my Blazer for 4 years. I bought it when it had 70000 miles and now it has 141000. Just replaced heater coil @ 138000. Rotors @ 137000 and brakes. It sounds like it might have a rod knocking but only when it is really cold then the noise quits. Drives greats lots of power for a 6 cylinder. The interior is still in good shape. None of the seat problems other had talked about. Love that the back seats fold down and the tinted windows. I hope it keeps running to 300000 miles. Heater core only costs $65 but I installed it myself. Have to remove the entire dash to get to it and it's a pain to put back in, but I love the heat it puts out.

Tinted windows, back wiper, folding back seats, factory am/fm/cd/cassette, day lights, cruise control, powerful passing capabilities, tow package.

Spare needs to be under vehicle. The back glass rattles and squeaks on bumpy road. There is not enough room under the hood to get to spark plugs or anything else for that matter without getting your hands scratched up, if you have larger hands forget trying to do anything under the hood.

Loving it so far
By loving it so far

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We had just purchased it a few weeks ago. I have owned a 1999 Chevy 1500 2wd with the same 4.3 Vortec, and I loved that truck. So far, our Blazer has been flawless. Bought it with 110,000 miles, and last week we drove it over 600 miles for the holidays. It was icy at times, and the 4wd worked great! A great price and a wonderful purchase.

I love the basic styling of it, inside and out, not too fancy, not too cheap.

Would like for the fuel economy to be better, but for a 4wd 4000 lb SUV, I can't complain too much

I'm loving my 1st SUV
By rich prestia

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

This is my 1st. SUV and I'm 45 yrs old! I initially set out to buy a Jeep Cherokee Sport. But after trying one out it was too small (interior wise) for me, I'm 6'3". Then when car shopping in Brooklyn...I saw her. I immediately bought her. I wound up with a wonderful, dependable truck! I've set it up with synthetic oil and put Lucas gas treatment in every tank and this baby is great!

The 4x4, the heated leather seats, the quick pickup of the 4.3 engine. The cargo area. and yes I like the ride!

I hatethe center console/arm rest. It's so damned small. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has such a large console and console lid!

I love my Blazer but...
By Michelle

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I bought my truck in Novemember 2001 upgrading from a Cavalier. The truck does great in the snow in MD without being 4WD. I have never had a major problem with it other then the handles on the both seats broke until now. It is paid for and everything has gone wrong with it. ABS brake light won't go out even after numerous trips to the shop, service engine light comes on all the time, I have no heat or A/C. Shop can't figure it out. Occasionally over heats, blower motor went up, ball joints have been replaced 2 times now, transmission starting to fail at 120,000 miles. I love my truck. Handles great but it may be cheaper to go buy a Tahoe!

I love the way my truck handles. 80+ mph drives like a champ!

Gas mileage a little on the low side. Chevrolet sure does know how to work it so once it is paid for everything goes wrong!

Can you say battleship Yamoto
By cifey

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I bought it new in 2000 with cash from my first real job, tired of driving economy cars in school. I liked the smooth ride on the highway, decent turning radius and fuel economy for a truck. Large rims, nice interior, very modern design for the time. I drove a girlfriend around in it for a couple of years, that was pretty sweet. Currently has 95k, girls are afraid of it. I've broken down on the road only twice so far. Things that went wrong... passenger seat handle -- warranty battery (almost drowned me in tropical storm allison) -- warranty dirty fuel injectors -- warranty battery again -- paid fuel pump -- $800 for the part busted radiator -- $300

Smooth ride, good power, ground clearance, good storage space (I fit a whole futon with the gate closed)

Plastic rattles like a school bus, the main button fell off the radio, easy to rollover -- don't sale this to a hot head driver. The 2 door is tough to climb into, only seats 2 in the back.