Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Can you say battleship Yamoto
By cifey

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I bought it new in 2000 with cash from my first real job, tired of driving economy cars in school. I liked the smooth ride on the highway, decent turning radius and fuel economy for a truck. Large rims, nice interior, very modern design for the time. I drove a girlfriend around in it for a couple of years, that was pretty sweet. Currently has 95k, girls are afraid of it. I've broken down on the road only twice so far. Things that went wrong... passenger seat handle -- warranty battery (almost drowned me in tropical storm allison) -- warranty dirty fuel injectors -- warranty battery again -- paid fuel pump -- $800 for the part busted radiator -- $300

Smooth ride, good power, ground clearance, good storage space (I fit a whole futon with the gate closed)

Plastic rattles like a school bus, the main button fell off the radio, easy to rollover -- don't sale this to a hot head driver. The 2 door is tough to climb into, only seats 2 in the back.

Excellent SUV, sincere review
By joetibu

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I had this SUV since new. No mayor problems and has now more than 100k. Basic maintenance. Overall is very comfty, hauls lots of stuff and feels very secure. Good MPG for the size and weight.

Air conditioner, front seats

Stiffer suspension without affecting ride quality

Loved the Blazer - just traded
By Lynda

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I just traded mine it had 115,000 on it. It never left me stranded any place! General maintenance only - batteries, (Texas is hard on batteries) oil, transmission fluid and new tires. Only thing I did not like was that the belt squeaked all the time. Interior was extremely comfortable, air / heat worked great always! Visibility great as well. I was ready for something different after nine years only reason to trade. This one will go 200K no question.

Leater bucket seats, fold down back seats, sound system was awesome. Blazer had lots of pep - no problem passing on the highway.

5 speed Blazer
By ct1274

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Fun to drive with 5 speed. Gas mileage hurts but don't drive far. Blind spots, seat handle broken. Nice looks and growl of the engine.

Engine, 4.3 liter, decent power

trying to get rid of it
By berdiddly

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

This was my first car I bought on my own, second car to have. I bought it with 35,000miles, and a week later had to buy a new battery. Three months later had to buy a new alternator. A week later the seat adjustment handles broke off. At 40,000 miles the gas gauge went out. 60,000 miles, my heater went out and found out that I have a leak in my radiator so I have to fill that constantly, I also found an oil leak. Now at 72,000 miles, I have had to replace the bearings, brakes and rotors TWICE in one month. I wish I would have known about this web site before I bought my car. Be sure to research all cars.

The fold down seats in the back.

Get a whole new motor, and use better parts for the build. Gas mileage stinks.