2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Can you say battleship Yamoto
By cifey on 09/22/08 23:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I bought it new in 2000 with cash from my first real job, tired of driving economy cars in school. I liked the smooth ride on the highway, decent turning radius and fuel economy for a truck. Large rims, nice interior, very modern design for the time. I drove a girlfriend around in it for a couple of years, that was pretty sweet. Currently has 95k, girls are afraid of it. I've broken down on the road only twice so far. Things that went wrong... passenger seat handle -- warranty battery (almost drowned me in tropical storm allison) -- warranty dirty fuel injectors -- warranty battery again -- paid fuel pump -- $800 for the part busted radiator -- $300

Excellent SUV, sincere review
By joetibu on 08/08/08 03:57 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I had this SUV since new. No mayor problems and has now more than 100k. Basic maintenance. Overall is very comfty, hauls lots of stuff and feels very secure. Good MPG for the size and weight.

Loved the Blazer - just traded
By Lynda on 07/01/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I just traded mine it had 115,000 on it. It never left me stranded any place! General maintenance only - batteries, (Texas is hard on batteries) oil, transmission fluid and new tires. Only thing I did not like was that the belt squeaked all the time. Interior was extremely comfortable, air / heat worked great always! Visibility great as well. I was ready for something different after nine years only reason to trade. This one will go 200K no question.

5 speed Blazer
By ct1274 on 06/11/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Fun to drive with 5 speed. Gas mileage hurts but don't drive far. Blind spots, seat handle broken. Nice looks and growl of the engine.

trying to get rid of it
By berdiddly on 04/10/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

This was my first car I bought on my own, second car to have. I bought it with 35,000miles, and a week later had to buy a new battery. Three months later had to buy a new alternator. A week later the seat adjustment handles broke off. At 40,000 miles the gas gauge went out. 60,000 miles, my heater went out and found out that I have a leak in my radiator so I have to fill that constantly, I also found an oil leak. Now at 72,000 miles, I have had to replace the bearings, brakes and rotors TWICE in one month. I wish I would have known about this web site before I bought my car. Be sure to research all cars.

Not bad but a lot of repairs
By maddiesmom on 04/02/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We got our 2000 Blazer with a V6 vortec it has 86,000 miles on it. We put 16,000 on in 8 months. Our engine light has been on since about 1 month after we got it. We've had to replace the front drivers side wheel baring twice, our blower moter is going, sounds like a bird in our dash. Now we are having troubles with it lagging between 1st and 2nd gear. Garage said it was most likey our tranny. Passenger seat is very hard to move back and forth. The center arm rest is all dented in, cannot put a child car seat in the middle of the back seat. Head lights are very hard to see with at night. We also had to replace something can't remember the name, but it makes a loud humming noise when starte

Love my Blazer
By Jason on 03/17/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used, now have 78,000 miles on it and still love it. Had one major problem with it, the heater core went out in the dead of winter. I live in the Pacific Northwest so, it wasn't very fun. Core was replaced under warranty. Love the engine! Has great power and love the exhaust note! Heated leather seats are awesome and the memory feature is great. Driven it on quite a few road trips and it's very comfortable. Rides and handles nicely, I always feel safe. On the few times I've had to engage the 4X4, it worked just like it should. Felt really surefooted in the snow this winter. Gas mileage is fine, I'm not expecting high numbers, it's a 4X4. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage.

2000 Blazer ZR2
By Peterbilt03 on 11/30/07 02:17 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Owned Blazer for a year, proved to be fun to drive and handled snow well, but overall not pleased. The V-6 seemed really thirsty even with my unspirited driving habits and wasn't much for power. I rated low for good reasons. The seat trim on drivers seat trim was ripped off the first time my pant leg caught it, pass seat recliner handle broke off, weak door bushings and seal, interior rattled constantly. Service Engine lamp was almost constatly illuminated after repeated trips to numerous dealers and numerous pricey repairs. 4wheel drive was slow to engauge and even slower to disengauge, when equipped with swinging spare tire mount there is no additional support causing dents if opened to hard

Never buying GM again
By Tiger on 10/28/07 06:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Look up information before buying the 2000 or surrounding years. It has been nothing but problems. As soon as we hit 60k, things have just been in constant repair and I do all schedule maint. also. From Cheap alloy causing the recliner levels to snap off, Oil cooler lines going bad EVERY 14k miles (issue because of way GM routed them), Door hinges coming off after 130k. Clogged heater cores costing another $1k to fix, ball bearings and joints, Differentials. THis car is costing us an extra $100/month ever year to keep up but we cant afford another car loan at the same time. Do your research through google or anywhere else first. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. NO MORE GM for me.

Love my Blazer
By swanithan on 10/01/07 16:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second SUV and I love this one. I owned a 96 Explorer before my Blazer. I wish my Blazer was the same size as the Explorer. I also wish my Blazer had rear air like the Explorer did. I love the 4.3L V6! Tons of power and revs almost to redline. I've never wished for more power. The dash color is not very pretty and I don't like the hump in the passenger foot well for the transfer case. Not alot of rear legroom behind me, I'm 6ft tall. Love everything else about the inside of my Blazer. Adore the heated seats and the seat memory feature. Only problem I had was the heater core went out, it was replaced under warranty. Gas mileage is fine, I didn't buy it for the mileage. Great 4X4!