2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Blazer LS
By GM Owner on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

The vehicle is very well insilated. Interior Elements: Great contrast in color, patterns, fabrics- better than the redesigned version for 2003. --too monotoned. Exterior:style wise, the rear wheels are pulled in to far in the wheel wells where as the front are almost flush with outside fender. looks weak in the rear. Shape: narrow body -- relax on the roundness. trucks are squared -- Cherokee Classics still haven't changed the exterior for decades and yet continue to sell. Basically take care of your vehicle, do the maintence and your fine. things breaking and parts replaced that don't work --- complain to the dealer rather than the parts.

Just a lemon on wheels
By Phlex on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

My Blazer has been in the shop more times than I care to count. I've had the catalytic converter replaced, the transfer case for the transmission replaced, oil leaks sealed, passenger seat handle replaced, driver side lumber replaced, third brake light replaced, roof rack and rear window molding re-painted, tire rack repainted, inside paneling reseated which still rattles with every bump. It also was leaning to one side in the front. My Blazer is at the dealer now because my driver side window does not work, and there is a loud thump that comes from the right wheel well. It barely as 17,000 miles on it. Not at all worth the headaches.

ZR2 BEST VEHICLE EVER MADE!
By Greg9900 on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I researched every truck made before I bought mine.I read alot of bad reviews on Blazers and mostly good ones for foreign trucks. I've driven them all.But this 2000 ZR2 (not a pickup) is definitely the all around best truck I've ever had. First, for an SUV it gets great gas mileage.Second, it's just about as powerful as the Durango I had which also is good but I drive 50,000 miles a year so I needed better gas mileage. It's even faster than the Durango. It is by far the most agile and absolutely the best handling truck I've ever driven including the Jeep GC. I also carry upwards of 800 lbs. on the worst roads in the country (NJ) and the suspension remains perfect.

Problems with a lemon.
By Jim5959 on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I purchased this wagon, in aug 2000 and we had water in the vehicle after the first ranin storm, the dealer said this was a common occurance, when I pay 30,000.oo for a vehicle I dont want excuses. Shortly after that i Had 3,000 miles on it it developed a noise in the front right passenger seat area,the dealer twice said there was no problem,after taking it to another dealer they said the heater box was broken...they fixed it and the repair,haha, lasted about three months. The steering shaft had to be replaced at 12,000 miles It made a terrible noise it sounded like it was going to shear off. Lastly the wagon rode like a pick-up truck with a plow package

Not soooo good
By BMiller on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

Many problems such as insulation in doors not installed properly, wheel barings bad, fuel injection problems, drivers window not working, and countless other things. Very dissappointed in the Blazer. Plus a recall on the rear turn signal.

Worst vehicle I've ever owned...
By MMarks on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

I have very little to say except that my Blazer is awful. It's in the shop as much as it's on the road. Rear end had to be replaced at 34,000 miles. I had to replace both front shocks at 30,000. Front seat broke at about 32,000 and while it was in the shop they went ahead a fixed a recall. I will never buy another GM vehicle after dealing with this LEMON.

Don't buy a Blazer
By HombreSecreto on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had this vehicle for almost 3 years. I am very happy that my lease is almost up. It has been in the shop approximately 11 times (twice for the 4WD mechanism). I am not sure what the lemon laws in this state are, but if I had bought it, I would be finding out.

My Red Chevy Blazer 2000 4D LS 4WD
By rick konopka on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

No problems. Very relable. Gets a little squeaky and louder by 35000 mi but sturdy as a rock.

I've driven three over six years.
By GrowlyBear on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Felt nice and tight when new but with age the ride and "feel" is somewhat mushy. Squeaks from dash are really noticeable since she's broken in. Very decent sounding stero. I've driven three ('95, '97 and '00) and have noticed successive improvements with each. I've never had a problem (except for cheap brake pads early years)and my Blazers have NEVER let me down.

2000 Blazer 4WD LT
By rmartelo on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

The Blazer has been much like a car in its ability to fit into spaces and acts like a truck. It has 51,000 miles and never to the shop except for warranty work or recall. Mileage is 20MPG, original tires and brakes with very much life yet. 1st American car for a decade and plesantly suprised of its performance.