Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Pretty good overall
By carlcaver

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

70,000 miles and going strong. It's used daily for work, is great in the snow, and very good offroad also. Front balljoints had to be replaced after the VERY rough winter and many potholes, but this was understandable (we hit quite a few hard bangers!). Some rattles on very rough roads, but no other real problems. Overall I like this vehicle very much. It has been very practical and reliable, for everyday use and very long trips, including a cross country expedition. Those who complain and say their next vehicle will be some foreign made thing must have an anti-American made vehicle bias, because there is nothing with this vehicle that would cause such disgust.

Favorite Features

Styling, auto-4WD, 60/40 folding rear seat

Suggested Improvements

Why didn't they just drop a V8 in the thing?!? I have a Chevy truck with 5.7L V8, same motor as the Blazer (same intake, bore, stroke, etc.) but with 2 extra cylinders and it only gets 1MPG worse mileage, and that's because it's a heavier vehicle!

Not worth the $$$
By KO

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Blazer with about 20K miles on it. Within 4 months, things started failing. The washer pump is out and has a leak. The transmission is slipping and the motor is very weak with a lot of dead spots in the acceleration. This will be the last Chevy for me. The quality has dropped dramatically in the last few years.

Favorite Features

The one great thing about this truck is the leg room. I am 6'4 and it is very comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, engine output, sound system, economy.

Overall Good Small Suv
By scarnips

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this suv used a year and a half ago with 53,000 miles. I've had no problems so far. I have the ZR2 package and the truck is great in the snow. It handles well off-road for a smaller SUV. Minor problems are the factory speakers and plastic. The rear window latch squeaks from wear on the the latch bar, but if you wrap the latch bar with some tape it goes away. Gas mileage is not the best but it's an SUV not a Toyota. Overall I'm pleased with the Blazer.

Favorite Features

Push botton 4wd drive when you need it the most.

Suggested Improvements

Better factory speakers

Happy with my truck
By vince427

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned this vehicle since October 2000 and am very happy with it. I purchased it with the OEM towing package, but haven't needed to use it. The 4x4 works well in the Long Island winter (as well as in Westchester!) The only problem I encountered was needing to replace the rotors after 25K miles (but I'm in a lot of stop and go traffic)

Favorite Features

Push-button 4x4, fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to keep engine from overheating interior.

Another TrailBlazer? Just maybe
By Robie

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

53,000 trouble free miles. Economical to drive, comfortable. Leather, CD, wished I had a sunroof. Will probably get a Tahoe next cause I need the vehicle to be a little larger for long trips that I take.

Favorite Features

Interior - leather seats are two-tone in color - dashboard is wood like - very elegant interior.

Suggested Improvements

Add a sunroof