2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Fool me once...fool me 2x, shame on me
By Jerry Schreck on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Never again. Bought a 2000, made a lemon-law claim due to problems with the drive-train (front or rear??? they could never figure it out). Replacement vehicle has same thing but not as bad. Now, with 50k miles and out of warranty, front ball joints are shot ($1600-1800), pwr steering pump leaks, tie rods bad, etc. Only problem, never taken off road! Now I learn front end problems very, very common on S-10 models. I am the 3rd person I know with same problems. Never again!

2000 Blazer 2WD LT
By bobbyg on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

My 2000 Blazer has been a quality truck. The ride is smooth. The engine does it's job, but wouldn't mind having a trailblazer engine in it. Didn't opt for the 4WD and haven't really needed it even though I live in Chicago. Great cargo space and enjoy how the back seats fold all the way down not like other SUV's. Haven't had any repairs other than the routine maintenance. The LT package was worth the money.

Gotta love the ZR2
By Schlact2004 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Well, first off being 17 years old, i do know a lot about cars. My father is a car dealer. We researched this car for a long time, compared it to other cars, and test drove many. The ZR2 by far was the best in reliability, engine power, and safety. My parents wanted me to drive something new, and safe. My 2002 ZR2 is a great buy, and I have had ZERO trouble with it. Hopefully if you want something that rides great, is very stylish, and can take you wherever you want to go, you will take my advice and choose the Chevrolet Blazer ZR2.

never again
By arula219 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My blazer was fine for a year except for bad gas mileage (expected due to being SUV). Then at 53000 miles my transmission went out and I had a recall on some electrical stuff (blinkers, etc.).

good SUV
By leaseisover on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Overall, I have enjoyed this vehicle. (At 45k now). Have owned 3 prior cars. 1st SUV, 1st lease. Comfortable seating, good ride for SUV. Good view up front, some blindspot problems in rear as 2 door version. Hit from pass. side ($12,000 of damage)-walked away no problem (don't know about front crash test firsthand, though). Only problems: O2 sensor on day 1 - dealership took care of rapidly, new alternator - but this was from accident (cracked), battery, and lumbar support on both sides.

2002 Blazer
By bots on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th Blazer (72,91,96 were previous models) and its the best made of all of them. No major problems..I have 76000 miles on it. Turning radius is dangerous..GM knew that for several years and never changed until 2002

AFTER ADJUSTMENTS
By wcorrea on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

After a year of driving my Blazer, i must admit that its a keeper. True enough, I made a bad choice of purchasing my truck with 57,000k on the motor at only a year old. But, after a tune-up and changing the air filter from AC Delco to K&N, i've seen a massive improvement. Since having the truck i've driven out of State, to and from the same location twice, once before and after the changes. The first trip took three full tanks of gas, but the second only took two full tanks. So, that was basically one full tank of gas extra in my pocket. And, the filter also improved my performance.

2000 ZR2 Blazer
By Pau on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This was a lease that was going to be purchased when lease came to term. That isnt happening. The ZR2 is a great ride, very comfortable, very reliable, but it has its flaws. Fuel economy cant be an issue with an SUV. Anyone that thinks they're going to get 30+ MPG isnt. There were problems with the outside spare tire carrier latch (corrected), the seat adjusters broke repeatedly (corrected, but at a constant inconvience), the sunroof leaks (still not corrected), and it does rattle alot when going over bumps. Quality control definately went down the tubes on this model year, so I believe the next purchase will be a 99 blazer. Hopefully less problems.

2000 S-10 Blazer
By Jim Wasoka on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Compared to my previous Ford Explorer and Broncho II, this vehicle handles better and has more power. The interior roominess and overall size is excellent for a family of 4 to take long trips. I would recommend it to anyone needing 4 wheel drive and seating for 5 who doesn't want to get into a minivan.

never again
By jolter on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

My second Blazer - First one went for 70m miles with just a brake job and tires - I thought ok lets do it again- Well Chevy must have shut down their Quality control the day this car was built!!! 4wd problems - brake problems- noises coming from every corner of the car. Gas gauges stopped working. 2m miles out of warranty both front wheel bearings gone -$1700 job- I told GM this is a leased vehical, you know where you can stick it! At least they were honorable enough to agree and pick up the tab - Will never buy a Chevy again!!!!!!!!!!!!