2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Engine
By jaw on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Slow on take off. Also the engine and tires are noisy. Looking forward to trading it in.

...at least it's a real pretty red...
By Tahorican on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer when my '91 Beretta died last March. Three weeks after I bought it driving on I-80 from Sacramento to Tahoe it starts smoking. We pull over, open the hood, & tranny fluid had leaked, overheated and ignited in the manifold. We have it fixed. Should've returned it (dumb!). Two weeks ago the tranny starts slipping, and the truck shakes when brakes are applied. Back in the shop. Tranny & brakes are done. It has 27k miles. Should've just fixed my Beretta & kept it, at least it was paid for. Gave me a lot let headaches in the 8 years I had it than this stupid thing. Or I should've bought a new 4 Runner.

Love it
By loonytoony on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I have had no problems at all. I guess regular check ups help. Even get free oil changes since I bring it in regular.

Would be good. Just TOO MANY problems...
By C Dub on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Funny reading some of these reviews. All the same problems. 3 years, 12 times repairs. Took them awhile to fix the 4X4, the power sunroof, the rear electri noise tailgate, hub cap fell off, seat adjuster broke, would not go into 4X4, then stuck in 4X4. It was deffinatly a lemon. Mechanically, (other than the 4X4) it is an OK good truck. Always started on the first shot... never any engine problems. The rear wheel makes it impossible to see out the back window, and the 4X4 transfer case sits on the floor on the passenger side making it short of foot space. Too bad too cause I really did the look of the truck!

dont buy a gm
By unclestonecold on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

had this 2000 balzer 1 year. replaced oil cooling lines, rear brakes and rotors. noise from front end at 36000 turns out to be ball-joints. dealer noticed oil cooling line leak, again. GM says "sorry, its wear and tear" Northstar chevy will only charge me 384 to fix the oil line, while the guy next to me is getting his covered. same with the ball-joints. s-10's i have found have oil line and ball- joint problems that chevy just doesnt care about. do your self a favor and get a ford. oh yeah, dont think the extended warranty will help you. gm told me they couldnt verify any maintanence on my vehicle. thats because the dealer charges way to much.

Good Truck
By CAR MAN on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This Blazer has been solid as they come. What many fail to realize is that this is a truck, not a sports car, not a luxury car and it's not a 454 Silverado. This is a 6 cylinder small SUV. The interior is tough and designed to be rugged. The ride is pretty good. I've done a lot of off road driving and this little Blazer works well in those conditions. It also performs well during snow conditions on the highways. The gas mileage is a little less than what I'd like but I accepted that fact the day I bought it.

Did not see it coming
By Winstonhates chevy on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

It look good untill the inside nobs starting to fall off, I made a call to Maroone ( should be called moranees). They did a overall, I think they made it worst, I have spend more money on my new vehicle, while my 12 year old camry is still going. I found a rust spot in the back today, it is a 3 year old car. I am just waiting to drop out of the bottom.

Good SUV for kids and City Dwellers
By todd_k on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Got my 200 ZR-2 Blazer for a birthday present and I love it. Good ground clearance and a competent 4wd system has gotten me into and out of places even friends with other SUV's have not been able to go. Small and easy to park which is important to me as a city dweler. Good sound system as well. and oh-so-cool. The build quality could be better though

Love my Blazer!
By alexandra on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I had spent 4 months researching and testdriving SUVs, and finally decided on a 2000 Blazer. It had 64K miles on it when I bought it, but in mint condition. It's only been a few months, but I am very happy with my purchase. No problems at all. I think I got more for my money than any other SUV. As for reliability, like I said, I have had it for only a few months, but my boyfriend has an '89 GMC Jimmy (identical twin of the Blazer) and it is still going strong. Highly recommended!

excuseme
By captian karl on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV

it has been a very dependable vehile, Have not had any trouble with any of the suv's componets.