2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
what a crap....
By Thiscarsucks on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This car is nicely designed and provides you with a quite ride - compared to other SUVs in it's class. If it ever rides. I am driving this vehicle now since 12000 miles (bought it with 40k): extended break job, front bearring, front balljoint made noises, but was still tight, oil cooler line, idler and pitman arm, torsion bars are weak, transmission, RUSTY and BROKEN DOOR PINS and a TONN of undefined noises. Even my little french compact car I was driving in europe for 3 years (what was not good at all!!)was better in quality than this crapy car. Do yourself a favour (and your wallet) and just stay away from it. Dfenetly the last chevy in my life!

Good, reliable, but really small...
By gmann on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

We leased this SUV, and paid entirely too much for it! But, it has been very good to us. We haven't had to take it in for anything major, only minor cosmetics. However, the interior is cheap, and very small. We have to kids, and once they and their car seats are in the back, there's no room for anything else. Also, the spare tire is on the side of the trunk, which takes up precious space! The gas mileage is alright, but typical for an SUV. Buy this only is you can get an AMAZING deal!

Think Before You Buy.
By HateThisBlazer on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Very dissapointing car. It will be my last GM product. Have owned 9 GM's and none have been like this. Has two transmission vale bodies replaced. ($1400.00) Two front wheel bearings ($900.00) oil cooler lines replaced (Warranty) Broken seat adjusters (Warranty) Fuel gauge sending unit replaced to make fuel gauge work ($600.00) All of this before it hit 70,000 miles. Completely not exceptable. The vehicle has been driven easy and maintained exceptionally, just poor quality parts from the factory.

Dependible Chevy
By Rayfelins on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

Iv'e Had 46,000 trouible free miles. Just changed brake pads. I go to work in a foot of unplowed snow without worry. Leather, CD, Sunroof. Great value for the money.

GM's S-10 Blazer Disappointment
By Roger S. on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my S-10 LT 4WD Wagon with 5,000 miles on it.At first I thought it was great,then things began to come up.First thing I noticed was the terrible Fuel mileage!I also noticed that the interior had more squeaks and noises than my Grandmother's old Rocking Chair! Next was the Mechanical problems.2 sets of Oil Cooler lines by 25,000 miles,the Muffler at 18,000,Seat recliner handle, Transfer case leaks.Now at 40,000 miles I have some kind of Suspension noise.I'm now going to trade this dissappointment in.

Its a pain to drive
By oilerfootball on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

If your looking for a challenge, this car is the one for you. I bought this in August and have had two wrecks that could be attributed to the mechanics of the car. It is very difficult to see out of with many blind spots, and it has very sloppy handling. Buy anything but this car.

A Good Report
By Bill Barr on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I drive approximately 30K miles a year. I've only had my Blazer for repairs twice and the only problems that I had were a bad gas cap and a rattle inside of the door. My Blazer has been a pleasure to drive and the maintenance that I perform my self is easy to do. At 89K miles, I still have the factory brakes and shocks. Aside from replacing the remote oil filter lines, I have had no problems with my vehicle.

Not sure if it will last!
By 1choice on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought mine as a GM certified used vehicle with 34400 on it. And like many others in the reviews, mine has been in the shop alot and I do take care of mine with routine maintenance! Shocks had to be replaced at 35000K, & seals at 36000K, pinion bearing, steering column problems, wheel bearing, rattles at the door trims, etc. The whole vehicle shudders at 60 - 65 MPH, and forget driving really fast like 75-80 MPH, it really shakes then! I bought this vehicle with the intent of keeping it for a long time, however, even with proper maintenance, I find myself wondering if it will last past 60000K!

GM should be ashamed
By BrentH on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought car with 20k miles on it. Since then, I have put about 35k on it, and have had nothing but trouble. Things that broke: Alternator, A/C, recline handle, axle seals, transmission, power locks, windshield wiper switch. Probably missing some, but that's what I can remember. Vehicle drives well, has decent power, and is comforatable.

An SUV for Men
By dreckmanj on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

The Chevy Blazer is an SUV designed like a truck. Plenty of power and a stiff ride. The interior has a sloppy build, but the exterior is flawless.