Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Incredibly Average
By MyothercarisanF-18

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Cars like the Blazer make me consider buying an import. Design is mundane, and at times poorly thought out- i.e. spare tire on 2DR either obstructs rear visibility or eats up too much cargo room. The car has required quite a bit of repair work for light duty use and consistent preventative maintenance. Brakes have twice required major work; I've replaced a couple of bearings, and installed new door hinges to keep it from leaking. There are numerous other "minor" problems, such as a defective fuel guage that I've just decided to live because of their cost to repair. Bottom line: the Blazer is a reasonably priced SUV, but low expectations are the key to avoiding dissapointment.

Favorite Features

The optional electronic shift control is quite good, and far more convenient than the manual shift. Engine is appropriately sized, has reasonable economy for the class, and has thus far been quite reliable.

Suggested Improvements

The seat recline handle is the one of the chinciest pieces of equipment around. It has broken 3x in 5 yrs, costs $100+ to replace, and seems designed to break. There are several other suggestions I could make, but Chevy probably made the most appropriate improvement by discontinuing the line.

Skeptical at first but then...
By sjk

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this car after a few years with a sports sedan. Obviously lacking in power and acceleration but wins you over with its comfort and smoothness. I drive long to work and back and this car allows me to kick back and enjoy at least 2-3 hours of my day. Fully loaded doesn't miss anything except a navigation system and perhaps a remote starter. Love this vehicle even though at first I was very skeptical about buying it. Good choice for a first- time SUV buyer.

Favorite Features

Leather (heated front seats), auto climate, auto 4WD, comfortable ride, heated mirrors, auto-dim rearview mirror to mention but a few.

Suggested Improvements

More power or better gas mileage (16- 17mpg city - 280 mi range not in-line with a vehicle of this size)

My Blazer
By Nicole

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car expecting to get the best and that is exactly what i have gotten. The only thing I have replaced is the altenator which happens in most vehicles in their lifetime. My Blazer is gettting high in mileage but I wouldn't dream of trading it in. This is one very happy customer!!

Favorite Features

This car is awesome offroad!!

Suggested Improvements

Some of the interior pieces could be better built, but no big deal.

Proud to be a Blazer owner
By Blue Devil

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased it this past week end its a great truck and anyone considering it should look for a low mileage example, which had been taken car of, mine is one of these and it runs great great pick up and go, 4x4 system easy to use, love the compass and temp. display as well as the overhead console. It is a great vehicle that when properly maintained will last a long time

Favorite Features

Stereo, auto headlights, overhead console great engine growl, keyless, great heat and air, rear wiper, heated mirrors, no more wiping,

Suggested Improvements

A door ajar light. I was going down the road with the rear passenger door slightly open and didnt know till I was stopped that it was open

Black Beauty
By marty

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I bought this Blazer mainly because my wife broke her wrist and couldn't shift her Grand Am..(She likes to shift) We both drove the car since we've had it. She likes it, with the exception of the many blind spots this vehicle has. I enjoyed driving it and loved the Acceleration the 4.3 6 cylinder has compared to my 2.2 S-10. The car is a 2 dr with a black exterior. It reminds me of a Lexus wagon...has those same kinda lines. I have had many people say: That sure is a sharp Blazer." Mileage isn't anywhere near the Grand Am 4 cyl or the S-10 4 cyl. This Black Beauty get at most 17 around out suburban area and maybe 23 on the highway. It's a nice SUV.

Favorite Features

I like the direction indicator and outside temperature thermometer.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs improvement in the gas mileage. The rear end whines also.