Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT SUV Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

my blazer
By chad

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Had this LT 2000 blazer for around 10 years. Now has 156000 miles. 4x4 still works, did quit working at one time, replaced all vacuum lines , which were dry rotting and 4x4 now works, no problem since. CD player works all the time, crap its 16 years old so I surprised it still works!
Had some overheating problem, just running hot.. replaced thermostat, antifreeze and radiator, problem solved. Antifreeze is still clean, didn't turn black like many GM cars. Motor hasn't been a problem, still runs strong. Have replaced plugs and wires and last summer replaced all rotors/pads and a caliper with GM parts from Amazon and did labor myself, brakes are great.
Needs a lower ball joint and all the rubber bushings underneath the vehicle are rotten. Have replaced 1 side of the sway bar rubber bushings, the new blue ones look great. Car is starting to rust but that was a problem I noticed when I bought it, looks like it was from a northern state with a lot of road salt?
The transmission did need a rebuild last summer, was told it looked like someone put the wrong fluid in transmission, cost 850 and now is great.
I hate the little bulbs that light up the buttons on the steering wheel, should have used LEDS not bulbs! They can be replaced though.
Rear wiper motor is fried but rarely used it will replace with a junk yard motor.
Been a really good vehicle overall, gas mileage could be better but would buy again.
Recently had over a foot of snow/ice. Car did excellent in 4wd with cooper tires.

Beware of blazer
By jamel

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I currently own a 2000 chevy blazer and I thought I had a very reliable truck, however the truck is currently in the shop for lower manifold replacement due to a leak, new fuel pump about 3 months ago,new rear brakes about 2 months ago,fuel filter about 1 month ago, replaced alternator about 6 mos after I got it! replaced rad and hose 3 days ago! the list goes on! How can I remain true to a company when I have to foot all the bills!I wonder if GM bigwigs are driving Chevys? probably not!

When it is not breaking down it is a decent drive.

Absolutely everything!!!

I'm loving my 1st SUV
By rich prestia

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

This is my 1st. SUV and I'm 45 yrs old! I initially set out to buy a Jeep Cherokee Sport. But after trying one out it was too small (interior wise) for me, I'm 6'3". Then when car shopping in Brooklyn...I saw her. I immediately bought her. I wound up with a wonderful, dependable truck! I've set it up with synthetic oil and put Lucas gas treatment in every tank and this baby is great!

The 4x4, the heated leather seats, the quick pickup of the 4.3 engine. The cargo area. and yes I like the ride!

I hatethe center console/arm rest. It's so damned small. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has such a large console and console lid!

Lora's
By Lora

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

A very nice vehicle for 4 people. Handles well, but ride a little rough. Transmission went out approx. 68,000m. Then driver power window motor stopped working. 114,000 heater has stopped working. I enjoy this vehicle. I got a lot better gas mileage with a K & N air filter.

Handling, comfort, attractive.

Better transmission and a little smoother ride.

2000 blazer
By lavanah

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

It is in the shop for a lot of repairs. Bells and whistles means there is a lot to break. The tranny is gone at 113,000 and I have a porous engine block.

Good handling