Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Worth owning but needs "Tweaks"
By Dave

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

Bought new in 2000. Been all over U.S. east of Miss. river on PGA since. Problems - Front seat recline handles break off, blind spot looking through small left rear window when turning left, AC Compressor weak (all GMs a problem with this), poor positioning of spare inside back left, exterior trim breaks down (plating on luggage rack, trim around rear windows, grill black trim, etc.), Stereo blows up around 30k locking the ignition and electrical. Overall a good ride though with good handling for a high riding SUV. Great acceleration (the V6 is mighty). Regular maintenance at 4000 miles gives you longevity. Would buy again.

Lumbar supports with cloth interior is VERY comfortable. Nice stereo although it has to be replaced soon (CD/AM/FM in dash and cassette in floor console with great speakers), handling great to sit up so high, smooth ride with little road noise, rear seat lowers for great storage, Engine reliable.

Move spare storage from inside to under rear, Blind spot on left redesign, use steel on seat recline levers instead of the pot metal that was used, redesign how stereo is computer connected to the ignition and electrical. A dead stereo shouldn't shut down the entire car!

Don't buy one
By fishguy204

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

This little truck has been a headache from day one. In four months I have replaced the front brakes and rotors, the fuel pump and the wheel bearings. Pretty well the only thing I like about it is the looks.

I like the way it looks and handle snow.

Nothing to improve because they don't make them any more. No Wonder. What a lemon.

I love my Blazer
By paulahall

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

I love this SUV. I have had my Blazer for 4 years. I bought it when it had 70000 miles and now it has 141000. Just replaced heater coil @ 138000. Rotors @ 137000 and brakes. It sounds like it might have a rod knocking but only when it is really cold then the noise quits. Drives greats lots of power for a 6 cylinder. The interior is still in good shape. None of the seat problems other had talked about. Love that the back seats fold down and the tinted windows. I hope it keeps running to 300000 miles. Heater core only costs $65 but I installed it myself. Have to remove the entire dash to get to it and it's a pain to put back in, but I love the heat it puts out.

Tinted windows, back wiper, folding back seats, factory am/fm/cd/cassette, day lights, cruise control, powerful passing capabilities, tow package.

Spare needs to be under vehicle. The back glass rattles and squeaks on bumpy road. There is not enough room under the hood to get to spark plugs or anything else for that matter without getting your hands scratched up, if you have larger hands forget trying to do anything under the hood.

Can you say battleship Yamoto
By cifey

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

I bought it new in 2000 with cash from my first real job, tired of driving economy cars in school. I liked the smooth ride on the highway, decent turning radius and fuel economy for a truck. Large rims, nice interior, very modern design for the time. I drove a girlfriend around in it for a couple of years, that was pretty sweet. Currently has 95k, girls are afraid of it. I've broken down on the road only twice so far. Things that went wrong... passenger seat handle -- warranty battery (almost drowned me in tropical storm allison) -- warranty dirty fuel injectors -- warranty battery again -- paid fuel pump -- $800 for the part busted radiator -- $300

Smooth ride, good power, ground clearance, good storage space (I fit a whole futon with the gate closed)

Plastic rattles like a school bus, the main button fell off the radio, easy to rollover -- don't sale this to a hot head driver. The 2 door is tough to climb into, only seats 2 in the back.

5 speed Blazer
By ct1274

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

Fun to drive with 5 speed. Gas mileage hurts but don't drive far. Blind spots, seat handle broken. Nice looks and growl of the engine.

Engine, 4.3 liter, decent power