Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Love the ZR2!
By Marie

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my LS ZR2 for 4 years and I love it! It does great in the snow, wonderful offroading capabilities, and the front seats are so comfy!
I love how it handles and the power of the engine is great. The pickup is pretty good (it isn't a sports car).
I have only had minor repairs in the four years I have owned this vehicle, the most major being the full pump.

There are a few cons to this vehicle, as there are with all. The visibility is limited. After a while of driving it you figure out how to see everywhere you need to, but if you are not used to it, you need to be extra cautious.
The recliner levers are poor quality, so make sure you don't yank on them to hard or try to force them (like my dad did) or you will break them.
The fuel pump design isn't the best in these cars, it is gasoline lubricated. Meaning that when your tank gets below 1/4 you are drying it out. If you let it get that low too often, you will end up needing to replace it.
I have found that it is better to fill it when it is down 3/4 instead of empty. If you wish for a longer life span of the fuel pump.
Also, the two door style looks incredible! But it isn't very practical if you have kids of need to get in and out of the back a lot.

Those are the only cons I can think of.
overall, I think this is an amazing vehicle. And it's a lot of fun to drive (eespecially where there is not a road).
With the experience I have had with it, I would highly recommend this car.

Do keep in mind, I have a 2000 Chevy BLazer S10 LS ZR2.
So it is not an ordinary LS, This is a specialty package for offroading.
But I have heard great things about the LS as well. :)

Love this car.
By Don Lynch

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

I have had many cars in 40 + years. Never had one this long. 16 years old with 120 k on it and it does not use a drop of oil. Still a good modern looking car. And everything from the heated mirrors to ice cold air works well. Cheap to insure. Yet it still has some value. You can still pick these up in good condition and it not cost an arm and leg. It makes a decent 2nd car and a great 1st car.
I think the best part of this car is the comfort and sense of safety and control of the vehicle.
And the worst thing is - I cannot really come up with a bad thing. Clearly I am prejudice of this car. It's old, I'm old and we are comfortable.

my blazer
By chad

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Had this LT 2000 blazer for around 10 years. Now has 156000 miles. 4x4 still works, did quit working at one time, replaced all vacuum lines , which were dry rotting and 4x4 now works, no problem since. CD player works all the time, crap its 16 years old so I surprised it still works!
Had some overheating problem, just running hot.. replaced thermostat, antifreeze and radiator, problem solved. Antifreeze is still clean, didn't turn black like many GM cars. Motor hasn't been a problem, still runs strong. Have replaced plugs and wires and last summer replaced all rotors/pads and a caliper with GM parts from Amazon and did labor myself, brakes are great.
Needs a lower ball joint and all the rubber bushings underneath the vehicle are rotten. Have replaced 1 side of the sway bar rubber bushings, the new blue ones look great. Car is starting to rust but that was a problem I noticed when I bought it, looks like it was from a northern state with a lot of road salt?
The transmission did need a rebuild last summer, was told it looked like someone put the wrong fluid in transmission, cost 850 and now is great.
I hate the little bulbs that light up the buttons on the steering wheel, should have used LEDS not bulbs! They can be replaced though.
Rear wiper motor is fried but rarely used it will replace with a junk yard motor.
Been a really good vehicle overall, gas mileage could be better but would buy again.
Recently had over a foot of snow/ice. Car did excellent in 4wd with cooper tires.

My sweet little OJ
By Jane S.

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought a white 2dr 2000 Chevy Blazer (yes called OJ because my mom thought it was a bronco) with 148k on it and it's been pretty great. It's very responsive to turning, acceleration is a little slow sometimes but once it gets warmed up it shifts really smoothly. No problems with the engine although we did find out later that we were driving without brakepads for almost nine months and the car still managed to not kill us. It's very spacious with the seats down in the back. The car is pretty comfortable and a great size, I tend to think of it as a lifted sedan. Pretty much a gas guzzler, averaging around 20 mpg. Sometimes it won't shift out of 4 wheel drive and the CD player doesn't work half the time, which are apparently common problems with the car. Otherwise no issues. I love it to death and would recommend it for anyone who needs a car with some cargo space or as aa starter car. They are really cheap so believe me it's a steal.

99 trail blazer 4x4 4.3 v6/atl ga.
By stephharner34

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

bought used at tax time,140k,no more explorers.im happy with my choice,ive had zero issues.i have noticed a lag in take off,although issue was cured when we drained trans fluid,and put on new filter..2/2012.i have the loaded edition,all leather,sunroof,tow package,power windows and locks.love the embroydted head rests and interior door logo.

the big differance,ive noticed is it drives more like a car than a 4x4 truck..love it>>>>>>>>>>

sunroof,leather,total comfort