2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Beware of blazer
By jamel on 09/29/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I currently own a 2000 chevy blazer and I thought I had a very reliable truck, however the truck is currently in the shop for lower manifold replacement due to a leak, new fuel pump about 3 months ago,new rear brakes about 2 months ago,fuel filter about 1 month ago, replaced alternator about 6 mos after I got it! replaced rad and hose 3 days ago! the list goes on! How can I remain true to a company when I have to foot all the bills!I wonder if GM bigwigs are driving Chevys? probably not!

I'm loving my 1st SUV
By rich prestia on 12/27/08 13:55 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

This is my 1st. SUV and I'm 45 yrs old! I initially set out to buy a Jeep Cherokee Sport. But after trying one out it was too small (interior wise) for me, I'm 6'3". Then when car shopping in Brooklyn...I saw her. I immediately bought her. I wound up with a wonderful, dependable truck! I've set it up with synthetic oil and put Lucas gas treatment in every tank and this baby is great!

Lora's
By Lora on 01/13/07 06:14 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

A very nice vehicle for 4 people. Handles well, but ride a little rough. Transmission went out approx. 68,000m. Then driver power window motor stopped working. 114,000 heater has stopped working. I enjoy this vehicle. I got a lot better gas mileage with a K & N air filter.

2000 blazer
By lavanah on 08/15/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

It is in the shop for a lot of repairs. Bells and whistles means there is a lot to break. The tranny is gone at 113,000 and I have a porous engine block.

5 1/2 yrs with a Chevy Blazer
By steve on 08/06/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

This car has performed well and has been a solid purchase since late 1999. I recommend it for family car with 4 or less people.

only American built for me.
By msnyder on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Took delivery 12-99. Most problems have been on the quirky side. Door weather strips, passenger seat handle, drivers door bushings have been replaced. Only major expense at 57,000 miles so far has been the fuel pump. I love extended warranty coverage. Backseat might be a little tight for three growing kids. Over all a good buy. Will keep until we outgrow it. Even then it might hang around as a second car. By that time my 86 S-10 with 170,000 miles might be ready for retirement.

2000 Blazer LT Hi-Mile
By mjvaca on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Reliable as they get, 90K miles and the factory brakes are still 50%. Rides a little rough but the suspension seems longlasting. Heating cooling electrical are all trouble free. LT model has power everything and leather. Maintance is minimal and I do it myself.The price was right and I think it will last a while longer

Nice Car, Poor Gas Mileage
By LindseyLou on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I love my blazer. It is fun to drive and easy to handle. I think it is a little noisy but all in all a good SUV. Perfect size for parking, no troblem fiting in spots a reg. SUV would.

Engine
By jaw on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

Slow on take off. Also the engine and tires are noisy. Looking forward to trading it in.

Love it
By loonytoony on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4dr SUV

I have had no problems at all. I guess regular check ups help. Even get free oil changes since I bring it in regular.