2000 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
Worth owning but needs "Tweaks"
By Dave on 05/22/10 07:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Bought new in 2000. Been all over U.S. east of Miss. river on PGA since. Problems - Front seat recline handles break off, blind spot looking through small left rear window when turning left, AC Compressor weak (all GMs a problem with this), poor positioning of spare inside back left, exterior trim breaks down (plating on luggage rack, trim around rear windows, grill black trim, etc.), Stereo blows up around 30k locking the ignition and electrical. Overall a good ride though with good handling for a high riding SUV. Great acceleration (the V6 is mighty). Regular maintenance at 4000 miles gives you longevity. Would buy again.

Don't buy one
By fishguy204 on 08/05/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

This little truck has been a headache from day one. In four months I have replaced the front brakes and rotors, the fuel pump and the wheel bearings. Pretty well the only thing I like about it is the looks.

I love my Blazer
By paulahall on 03/14/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I love this SUV. I have had my Blazer for 4 years. I bought it when it had 70000 miles and now it has 141000. Just replaced heater coil @ 138000. Rotors @ 137000 and brakes. It sounds like it might have a rod knocking but only when it is really cold then the noise quits. Drives greats lots of power for a 6 cylinder. The interior is still in good shape. None of the seat problems other had talked about. Love that the back seats fold down and the tinted windows. I hope it keeps running to 300000 miles. Heater core only costs $65 but I installed it myself. Have to remove the entire dash to get to it and it's a pain to put back in, but I love the heat it puts out.

Can you say battleship Yamoto
By cifey on 09/22/08 23:38 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I bought it new in 2000 with cash from my first real job, tired of driving economy cars in school. I liked the smooth ride on the highway, decent turning radius and fuel economy for a truck. Large rims, nice interior, very modern design for the time. I drove a girlfriend around in it for a couple of years, that was pretty sweet. Currently has 95k, girls are afraid of it. I've broken down on the road only twice so far. Things that went wrong... passenger seat handle -- warranty battery (almost drowned me in tropical storm allison) -- warranty dirty fuel injectors -- warranty battery again -- paid fuel pump -- $800 for the part busted radiator -- $300

5 speed Blazer
By ct1274 on 06/11/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

Fun to drive with 5 speed. Gas mileage hurts but don't drive far. Blind spots, seat handle broken. Nice looks and growl of the engine.

trying to get rid of it
By berdiddly on 04/10/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

This was my first car I bought on my own, second car to have. I bought it with 35,000miles, and a week later had to buy a new battery. Three months later had to buy a new alternator. A week later the seat adjustment handles broke off. At 40,000 miles the gas gauge went out. 60,000 miles, my heater went out and found out that I have a leak in my radiator so I have to fill that constantly, I also found an oil leak. Now at 72,000 miles, I have had to replace the bearings, brakes and rotors TWICE in one month. I wish I would have known about this web site before I bought my car. Be sure to research all cars.

I got robbed
By Tom on 03/08/06 11:02 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I purchased my Blazer at about 40000 miles. And what a let down it has been since. I've actually considered seeing if it was a lemon but by the other reviews on here I'm guessing I should have done the research and expected it. Every thing everyone has mentioned having problems with I have do the same and some more. I'm a college student and constantly breaking the bank on repairs for this. I will never buy a Chevy again. I have spent close to $5000 on repair in 3 years of having it. Gas gauge, ball joints, rotors, bearings, rear axle, pittman arm, seat handle, wiring, lights on the dash, heater core. The repairs take all the fun out of this automobile unless you have deep pockets.

Black Beauty
By marty on 08/21/05 12:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I bought this Blazer mainly because my wife broke her wrist and couldn't shift her Grand Am..(She likes to shift) We both drove the car since we've had it. She likes it, with the exception of the many blind spots this vehicle has. I enjoyed driving it and loved the Acceleration the 4.3 6 cylinder has compared to my 2.2 S-10. The car is a 2 dr with a black exterior. It reminds me of a Lexus wagon...has those same kinda lines. I have had many people say: That sure is a sharp Blazer." Mileage isn't anywhere near the Grand Am 4 cyl or the S-10 4 cyl. This Black Beauty get at most 17 around out suburban area and maybe 23 on the highway. It's a nice SUV.

Guess I got lucky.
By FuzzyWuzzy on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

I have had this vehicle for 3.5 yrs now, and it has 84k miles on it. Up to this point, I have had no major work performed aside from standard maintainance. The levers for both seats did break off and I had a few fuses blow for the power windows. A bit of an inconvenience, but nothing that wasn't easily remedied. The blind spots are aweful, and the suspension is terrible. There is a lot of rattling and the spare tire is positioned terribly. Pretty poor design and not that great of a ride. I'm just glad I got one of the good ones.

Balzers are awful
By trkguy on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV

There is something wrong with the design of this vehicle. There absolutely should have been a recall for the front end of this car. I have replaced the ball joint on both front wheels twice on this car in 4 years. Now I have also had to replace both wheel bearings as well. I will never buy another Chevy SUV again.