1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: What A Dissappointment

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Review

What A Dissappointment
By ferromaximus on

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Once again, my love for all things big and tough has fooled me again. Don't let this truck fool you. I got the zr2 package because I wanted the big, tough look of this truck. I've had nothing but problems. Every time I take it in for an oil change, it's costing me over $1000 to fix it. It's a 99 and I only have 55k miles on it, and it acts like there's 150k on it. New alternator, ball joints, bearings, rear brakes completely redone, front differential just went on it ($2500-$3000 new). I'm ready to sign off trucks all together, but need them for the snow up here in NY. Interior rattles and shakes and is very cheaply put together. What an embaressment to GM. Do not buy this junker!

Sporty look, big tires, Zr2 suspension.

Everything. The inside of the car shakes and rattles if you lean on anything in it. The engine is weak, could get smoked by a ford escort. Try putting some quality parts on these vehicles, GM and maybe your sales wouldn't be in such a slump.