Very Dependable
By Gurnis on
1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD
I've made a lot of repairs to my Blazer in the 13 months I had it. But this was due mostly to lack of care by the previous owner. So far I've replaced the radiator, both hub assemblies, alternator, brake pads (front & rear), 4 new tires, new muffler and just recently replaced the trans fluid and screen. Overall, I've found the repairs not too difficult and the parts are cheap compared to foreign makes. The tires were the most expensive hit to my wallet so far. The OEM muffler was the only part I thought too expensive, so I went with an aftermarket muffler instead. Anyway, I would recommend a Blazer to anyone. Its a tough, go anywhere vehicle that really comes through when it counts most.
Favorite Features
Flat folding rear seats, lots of torque, interior light overide button, everything just seems to have its own place, very user friendly. And it makes a great tow vehicle for smaller travel trailers. I also love the deep factory tinted glass. I get complemented on the looks a lot too.
Suggested Improvements
Seat recline levers that won't break! Vehicle is ridiculously heavy for its size @ 4,300 lbs. (I've owned full size 4X4 trucks that weighed less). Tranny problems are way too common and so are catalytic converter problems. Replace the converter every other year if you like your Blazer!