1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: Tried, Tested and Truly Poor Q

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Review

LS 2dr SUV (4.3L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Tried, Tested and Truly Poor Quality!
By Klobo on

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I am very disappointed in this vehicle. It developed a series of problems after only 9,000 miles. They included pinion seal failures (7 times). Rear Differential was rebuilt at 27,000 miles. The oil cooler lines were replaced twice. The transfer case leaked. The cab has numerous rattles. Very poor build quality. GM should be ashamed of itself for producing a vehicle like this. It has approximately 33,000 miles on it now. I should get rid off it before the warrenty runs out. I do not recommend this vehicle as I have read other consumers complaints, and believe that there are numerous design faults with the truck that have never been solved.

I liked its sporty looks. The price and incentives finally won me over. It would have been a very good truck if the Quality were improved.

Improve Drive train and offer 100,000 Mile Warranty. I believe that GM could do a better job standing behind their product. Unfortunately, I don't believe I will purchase another GM Product again.