1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Review: I'll let you decide

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Review

I'll let you decide
By Mathias on

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Well i have owned this car for a while now and I have gotten what i wanted out of it. It stills drives okay but the motor is starting to knock with 150,000 miles on it. It goes where ever I want it to but i had to put some money in it to keep it that way. It always starts and runs without incident and has decent power for a 6 cylinder. Biggest complaint, the heater core is bad!!! No heat in the winter is tough and I have to flush it every year just to get a little heat for the start of the season. By mid winter its bad again. Also, no 4-wheel drive! Thats the number one reason i bought it and now it doesn't work either. Looking for a new SUV but don't know what to get. I love a Chevy.

Favorite Features

Abused like a truck and keeps right on tickin. Great little SUV when everything works. Interior is good enough for me. Other than standard problems with a ten year old vehicle nothing major yet...

Suggested Improvements

Fix the heating problems! I can live without 4WD and AC but no one can drive without heat in an Ohio winter. I hear the 4WD problem is common, wonder if they fixed that in later models