1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:
owner
By O F on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV

to many blind spots don't like two door

Overall very satisfied
By Trisor on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this Blazer new and have been very satisfied for over 3 years now. It has been perfectly reliable and mechanically sound. Interior build quality is the only problem area we have seen. Front seat handles used to recline broke off on both front seats. We regularly go off-road in pretty rugged terrain and the Blazer performs flawlessly. I can get over 22 MPG city and highway combined...my wife usually gets about 20.5.

So far, so good...
By FlghtMedic on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV 2dr SUV

Overall, I would say this is one of the better vehicles I have owned. The engine has quite a bit of power and is great at excelerating. It is sporty and looks good too.

#1
By jyates on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

After looking for about a year at different vehicles, I decided on the Blazer. The Blazer fit everything I wanted into one vehicle. It's ride is subperb, the leather seats are the most comfortable out of any SUV, and all controls are easy to reach and work! The Best Car I have owned by far

The worst vehicle I have ever owned
By born2saw on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this loaded LT new (as a demo with 7000 miles on it) and had no realtrouble for the first 1 1/2 years (14,00 miles). Then look out. It has not gone longer than 12 weeks without being in the shop. Warranty repairs are over $2300.00. I have had trouble with: injectors, heater core (my carpet still smells like coolant), transmission cooler, cooling system, and electrical. This truck has only 32,000 miles on it, has never been off road or towed anything, and has done more damage to my garage floor than any vehicle I have ever owned (that includes a 1974 Vega!!) I am going to dump it at a loss if I cannot get Chevy to extend the warranty.

I hate my blazer
By Tlid on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1999 Blazer in december 2001. Its a4 Dr LS and it had 28,000 miles on it when i bought it. It appeared to be in great condition and relatively low mileage. Within 7 months of having the vehicle, I had to replace the engine coolant lines, rear drive train, front wheel bearings, front brakes, and the serpentine belt. The transmission may go anytime. Any car will start to have problems but the amount of major repairs it has needed is rediculous. Its a V-6 but drives like a V-4, and has problems climbing hills. It doesn't seem to handle bumps/off-roading all that well which is rediculous considering that is what it was designed for.

Chevrolet Blazer `99, it's the way to go
By Carlos1 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

I needed a truck, and went shopping around for some time. Toyota 4Runner didn't drive good, and the seats are unconfortable. I drove the blazer, and instantly fell in love with it. Great amount of power, good handleling, nice style, great interior. Stereo system is off the hook, and when you step on the gas, trust me on this you'll know the kind of power behind this engine. If you're thinking of getting it, don't think. Get it.

Very Pleased!
By Drew Allen on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV

After convincing my wife that we should go with an SUV rather than a Wagon (I barely won that won), we bought a Blazer. Since, she has been converted. Even my wife, the won who though an SUV would flip going around the first corner, has stated that she is very pleased. After we bought the Blazer in the DFW market, my wife drove it to the Washington D.C. area. She was very happy with every aspect of the vehicle.

Nice Ride
By AR on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my blazer for about 6 months and it seems to be fine. Bought it used with 31,000 miles and have put another 8,000 miles on it with no problems. The only thing that did happen was a small oil leak with one of the rubber/metal hoses, I guess it is a common thing. I was fixed under warranty. I like the truck, but next time I think I will go bigger.

Decent truck
By Mikewg on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this truck for two years, bought it with 30K and now the mileage is getting up to 55K. It has been reliable, but it does have quite a few rattles and squeaks at times. Overall, I am still happy with the truck. Not bad fuel economy for a mid-size SUV.