Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Feel Safe
By kimm

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I love my Blazer. I have had many vehicles in the past and this is by far the best. I feel safer driving this Blazer. The build is solid and it has the power needed to get where I want to go, especially on a camping trip. It has the space I need to haul equipment and can haul up to 5000lbs. If you know how to maintain the suspension and ABS system there are wont be any problems. The only gripe I have is that the ball joints and front have to be greased frequently and the spare tire blocks your rear view. The interior is right at hand and easy to operate from the 4wd to the CD player. I love this Blazer.

The comfort and the power for a V6

Better rear view, the spare kinda blocks your vision, better tires.

Mixed emotions
By Ed

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new and take excellent care of the vehicle, do not miss any maintenance appointments. Continual problem with drivers door hinge, locks and window. Repaired twice but still questionable. Paid $2300 to replace 4WD transfer case at only 68k miles. 4WD also still questionable. Love the look, the way it drives, plenty of power and room inside. Very disappointed in the tranny and the detailing of the vehicle. Would probably not buy another GM SUV.

Lots of power for a smaller/mid sized SUV. Pulled a 2400 lb tent camper through serious hills on US 81 in NY and PA with no trouble.

Details need work, trim, window and door alignment, power lock system and security system are all below average in my mind, have had trouble with all of them at least once.

Thing break all the time
By DonKKong

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Fuel pump, alternator, too much more to list went as soon as it was out of warranty. Last time I buy a lousy GM. Glad to see that seat lever wasn't just me.

Drives pretty good, nice size and nice looks, especially from cab of the AAA truck.

Stop making junky $24k SUVs GM.

4th Blazer & lovin' It
By Kells

1999 Chevrolet Blazer Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th Blazer and I love it. Capable, comfortable, and has plenty of power for the size.

BOSE sound w/ steering controls, electronic climate control, memory heated seats, auto dim rear & sidev view mirrors, customer leather package, auto headlamps.

Better door pins, improved fuel economy.

Chevy's ABS brakes stink!
By Nicky

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

My 99 Blazer LS has only 79k miles and my ABS brakes are completeley shot. Most of the time I cannot come to a stop. I need a new ABS system, new shocks & struts, new CB joint, and new Wheel bearings and the transmission is starting to slip. I hate this car! My Mom had a "94 with the exact same problems when it was only 2yrs old. I would never buy a Chevrolet again.

Power Driver Seat and Overhead console. Fold down rear seats are great for large cargo.

None