Used 1999 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Mixed emotions
By Ed

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new and take excellent care of the vehicle, do not miss any maintenance appointments. Continual problem with drivers door hinge, locks and window. Repaired twice but still questionable. Paid $2300 to replace 4WD transfer case at only 68k miles. 4WD also still questionable. Love the look, the way it drives, plenty of power and room inside. Very disappointed in the tranny and the detailing of the vehicle. Would probably not buy another GM SUV.

Lots of power for a smaller/mid sized SUV. Pulled a 2400 lb tent camper through serious hills on US 81 in NY and PA with no trouble.

Details need work, trim, window and door alignment, power lock system and security system are all below average in my mind, have had trouble with all of them at least once.

Thing break all the time
By DonKKong

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Fuel pump, alternator, too much more to list went as soon as it was out of warranty. Last time I buy a lousy GM. Glad to see that seat lever wasn't just me.

Drives pretty good, nice size and nice looks, especially from cab of the AAA truck.

Stop making junky $24k SUVs GM.

4th Blazer & lovin' It
By Kells

1999 Chevrolet Blazer Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th Blazer and I love it. Capable, comfortable, and has plenty of power for the size.

BOSE sound w/ steering controls, electronic climate control, memory heated seats, auto dim rear & sidev view mirrors, customer leather package, auto headlamps.

Better door pins, improved fuel economy.

Chevy's ABS brakes stink!
By Nicky

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2dr SUV 4WD

My 99 Blazer LS has only 79k miles and my ABS brakes are completeley shot. Most of the time I cannot come to a stop. I need a new ABS system, new shocks & struts, new CB joint, and new Wheel bearings and the transmission is starting to slip. I hate this car! My Mom had a "94 with the exact same problems when it was only 2yrs old. I would never buy a Chevrolet again.

Power Driver Seat and Overhead console. Fold down rear seats are great for large cargo.

None

Worst vehicle I have ever purchased
By chk8abanan

1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the worst vehicle I have ever purchased. It has not gone longer than 12 weeks without being in the shop. The plastic seat handle on the driver seat and the rear gate broke off in the first 10,000 miles. I had to have the door lock mechanism replaced, ball joints replaced, and 4WD was serviced for several defective internal parts. I have had numerous electrical problems including the AC staying on when switched to “off” position, lights flickering on and off, losing sight of my dashboard gauges due to lights going off.

Did relatively well on snow with purchase of snow tires- but don't try to drive up a hill in snow- rear wheel drive is completely ineffective

Make a car that is worth the hard earned money we pay for it. (and in this case... continue to keep paying for it.)